> Alternatively you start a timer with short interval (100 ms) when you
receive data,
> reset the timer each time you receive data and keep adding the data to a
buffer.
> Once the timer triggers you can assume you have all data.
> This way it keeps working of the XML layout changes :)

I don't agree with you. A timer is really not suitable for the purpose,
unless you use a looong time. This is because you have no control about the
speed of the network. Using a timer like that is the best way to have very
difficult to catch issues occurring when network is heavily loaded or slow.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be
Embarcadero MVP