> I want to switch my eMail Program from smtp to ssl smtp. I've tried
> the demos - everything looks fine, but what did I have to deliver
> with my application (in special I mean the certificates!). Did I
> have to generate and deliver the certificates? I want to use TLS
> and SSL.

Assuming you are talking about an SMTP client application, SSL certificates are
totally optional.

For SSL client applications, SSL certificates are only needed if the SSL server
to which you connect is set-up to validate the certificate of clients, which is
rare.

For SSL server applications, certificates are mandatory, although a self signed
certificate (as used with the ICS demos) is adequate if the client only wants
an encrypted connection and does not need to check the authority of the server.