On Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:01 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Wayne Phipps wrote:

> Now we've come to implement the interface in Delphi, we've hit a
> hurdle.
>

> The process should be as follows:
>
> 1)      Use HTTP POST to pass username and password parameters to
> login URL
>
> 2)      A token string is returned if login was successful
>
> 3)      The token is then used as Basic Authentication using HTTP GET
> to retrieve JSON from different API URL

Have you tried to add the basic authenticate header line manually at
runtime, something like:

procedure THttpTestForm.HttpCli1BeforeHeaderSend(Sender: TObject;
  const Method: string; Headers: TStrings);
begin
  if Method = 'GET' then
    Headers.Add('Authorization: Basic ' + TokenString);
end;

--
Arno