Hi,

Can you please explain "there is definitely no such issue" ?

I had a problem similar to this:

I had a thread sending ping's to a list of IP's to check if devices are online.
Every time I got reply I wrote to a memo + file. The writing to the memo and
file
happens in a separate thread.

>From time to time my application crashed. What was seen is that it happens
>when more
than one thread is writing to the memo.

Adding a critical section over the code that was called from more then one
thread solved
the problem.

I was told by a friend that the reason for that happening is that window is not
an RT OS
and will time slice the operation. That means that a function may not finish
the operation
and be called again from a different thread.

Adding a critical section over the problematic code protects against this.

Am I missing here something ?

Thanks,
Noam.