> It turns out that instrument response (every command is echoed back from the
> instrument
> along with status information) to a command is sometimes slow (up to 7
> seconds)
> when I switch between instruments but this could well be an instrument issue

Not sure I fully understand how you switch between instruments. If you break
the connection each time (that is use the same TWSocket for all instruments),
that may be the issue. Establishing a connection could take some significant
time for slow devices. Just use a different TWSocket for each instruments, keep
the connection oened and keep all TWSockets in a list or array as explained
before.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be
Embarcadero MVP