> *Subject:* [twsocket] Using ICS V5 POP3 with SSL
> *From:* Veit Zimmermann <zimmerm...@vectronic-aerospace.com>
> *To:* twsocket@lists.elists.org
> I have to replace an old ICS V5 with a SSL enabled version. I
> thought the easiest way would be to replace it with the V5 SSL
> version, but It doesn't work for some reason.

V5 has not been tested for five years. Why not use V8?

> If I use the SslMailRcv demo I can connect fine to gmail and one
> other POP server when using Explicit SSL, but it fails when I
> command STLS with Command Unknown When using Implicit SSL

Some POP3 servers may not support SSL on port 110, only on port 995.
pop.gmail.com does not listen on port 110.

> Could it be I really need a Certificate to connect via Implicit
> SSL? That would be new to me.

No, you don't need a certificate for an SSL client application, unless the
server rejects you specifically for that reason, and certainly not for gmail.