> I'm building a service application based on THttpServer. For each
> OnGetDocument event I'm building and returning XML. The XML building
> process can be lengthy and I'd like to be able to handle other
> requests while one is being processed.

Look at the the FTP server component.

This is fully event driven, but creates a thread for certain lengthy blocking
operations, like directory listing and calculating CRC32/MD5 of large file.
When the thread completes, the response is sent.  These threads will handle
multiple requests.

As currently designed, the component creates a new thread for each command, but
they are rare commands.  You may be better off with a pool of threads, maybe
each with it's own open SQL connection which is also an overhead to open.