Hi Angus,

I think there is something wrong with setting/recognizing the session
cookie because every time I execute the function above a new session will
be generated. I got another ICS web server app running and there a cookie
is set correctly. In this app the cookie is not set and I don't know why:

procedure TUrlHandlerIndex.Execute;
var
  Headers : String;
  session : TMDTSession;
begin
  if not ValidateSession then
  begin
    Inc(sessionCount);
    session  := TMDTSession.Create(nil);
    session.Name  := 'mdtime' + IntToStr(sessionCount);
    Headers := NO_CACHE + CreateSession('',0,session);
  end
  else
  begin
    session := WSession.SessionData as TMDTSession;
    Headers := NO_CACHE;
  end;
  session.LoggedOn  := false;
  AnswerPage('','', 'main.html', nil, ['DateTime', session.Name]);
  Finish;

an...@magsys.co.uk>:

> > I try to implement a Session to my Webserver like in the Wiki, but
> > ValidateSession always returns a wrong value. The application is
> > implemented as a Service. What could be wrong?
>
> Sessions needs cookies, are sure the server is sending a session cookie
> for a
> new session and the client is returning it correctly?
>
> I use ValidateSession (true or false), don't know what value you expect, to
> create a new session or re-use an old session.  But I also pass session ID
> in
> the URLs, so maybe it's not working.
>
> Angus

Stefan Göppert Softwareentwicklung