I've tried several combinations (Using delphi with TSslSmtpCli) sending both
through gmail and through my own ISP's server to both hotmail and a pop3
address. I can't seem to get the right 'from' email to show up when going
through gmail. It keeps showing the real gmail account email instead.

Below, the variables FromFriendlyName and FromEmail  are both strings
containing the friendly name and email I want shown respectively

I've tried
 SslSmtpClient.FromName   := '"' + FromFriendlyName +'"'   + ' ' + '<' +
FromEmail + '>';  //showed the real gmail address in both

and
 SslSmtpClient.FromName := '"' + FromFriendlyName +'"'   + ' ' + '<' +
FromEmail + '>'; //showed the correct friendly name but still the real gmail
address

TSslSmtpCli doesn't seem to have separate FromName and FromAddress properties
so how is it done (with SSl through gmail)?