> I'm using both ICS and Indy in my project, and found an issue when
> OpenSSL fails to initialize when I use it one after another.
> Looks like the problem is that ICS loads OpenSSL for the life of
> TSslBaseComponent and Indy keeps SSL loaded per globally.
>
> So at some point Indy still thinks that OpenSSL is initialized
> while ICS already unloaded it.

That seems like an Indy problem, not checking that OpenSSL has been loaded but
assuming it has.

It's SslContext that initialises OpenSSL in ICS, I always load it when the
application starts to ensure all the certificates and settings are correct and
so I
can disable SSL if it fails, doing that might resolve your problem.

try
  HttpSslContext.InitContext; //Pre-loads OpenSSL DLL's
  AddLogLine ('SSL Version: ' + OpenSslVersion + ',
      Dir: ' + GLIBEAY_DLL_FileName) ; // OpenSslDir) ;
except
  AddLogLine ('Failed to Initialise SSL - ' + GetExceptMess
      (ExceptObject)) ;
  sslflag := false ;
end ;