> I put code (for logging) on event OnBgException ...
> *[12:21:21.159] TMyHTTPSCli.SslHttpCliBgException=Access violation
> at address 5D2571E4 in module 'SSLEAY32.DLL'. Read of address
> 00000034    (this is event  OnBgException)*

So you have not initialised something correctly that is used by OpenSSL.

Suggest you look at Magenta Mail Queue, which uses SSL to send email in a
thread:

http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp

Sorry, we don't debug code, but you are missing simple things like:

xx.MultiThreaded := true;

and a message loop.