On Wed 23/09/2015 06:35, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
I know ICS can do tunneling, but I have not yet figured out how. I
know how to do it with with a http connection and 'connect', but
was wondering if this is not already automated with a server-client
implementation like TWTunnelSocket and TWTunnelServer.
What are you trying to achieve, with what protocol?

Angus

We have a program that controls equipment. This program constantly sends log and error information to our supervisors room at our company so that any problem can instantly be addressed by one of our technicians. The connection is a TWSocket on the client side that connects to our server that uses a TWSocketServer to listen for connections.

We now have a new client that refuses to open the port necessary for the equipment to log on to our server. However, http surfing is liberated. I would like to know the simplest solution to make a connection and pass the same data as always embedded in html.

Andreas