Long time ago Marco van de Voort <mar...@stack.nl> added FreePascal conditional compilation. I dont know if this conditional compilation is still there in current version. I'm pretty sure that I still have a version. So if needed I do a search in my sources.

Once a while I write Linux applications using Lazarus. For applications with TWSocket I just use Delphi (7) because it works perfecly in the Wine environment in Linux. So I never had the need to try TWSocket in Lazarus.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Wilfried Mestdagh