> my code below it generates a userlist for my chat system now the problem am
> having when it generates
> list and some one is logging in or out while generating the list it will do
> fake names that don't exist

As Angus already answered, if the message pump is not called inside your loop
(Directly or indirectly) and if you don't use a different thread to build the
list and ru the socket, then there will be no activity like
connection/disconnection.

Besides that, why do you need to iterate to build the list. Instead, you could
maintain a real time list, adding/deleting items from the connect/disconnect
events.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be