> I've tried to enable a directory in my 2012 web server for Windows
> Authentication (the current name for NTLM), but it does not seem
> to make any difference, the directory is unprotected. I've probably
> missed something.

Simple really, you have to disable anonymous authentication before any
for the more exotic versions work.

The result of testing NTLM/Windows Authentication is interesting: ICS,
Firefox and Microsoft Edge (the latest browser) all display a blank
page or an error, only Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 seems to work and
display the real pages.

Googling suggests that Edge supports NTLMv2 and Kerberos but not
Single-Sign On, whatever that is, maybe using the integrated
authentication?

MSIE is now considered a legacy browser only for the support of ancient
sites for it, if Microsoft does not properly support Edge, should we
try and fix NTLM?