> But would this make sense since now Delphi include an http client?
> Of course if the problem of performance is only related to http
> transfer.

Yes, Delphi does include an HTTP client, but it only got async
capability last week with 10.1 Berlin, 20 years after ICS.

I was using Windows 7 on my old development PC until last summer, and
never noticed performance issues.  I do large FTP uploads to my public
servers each week, and they have always maxed out my broadband speed at
the time, so there was never a general ICS upload performance issue.

I don't go large HTTP uploads, but I'm sure others have over the years
and it's not been reported in this mailing list that I recall.