From: TWSocket <twsocket-boun...@lists.elists.org> on behalf of Mohit Sindhwani
<moh...@onghu.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2016 10:24 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Need help on smtp with office365 server

Hi Xavier,

I can't directly answer your question but I had spent quite a bit of
time trying to make a Ruby script work with Office 365 SMTP.

This is the script that worked for us - maybe, something here will help?

smtp_host   = 'smtp.office365.com'
smtp_port   = 587
smtp_user   = 'whate...@yourdomain.com'
smtp_pwd    = 'whatever-your-password-is'

smtp = Net::SMTP.new(smtp_host, smtp_port)
smtp.enable_starttls_auto

smtp.start("yourdomain.com", smtp_user, smtp_pwd, :login)
smtp.send_message(msg, smtp_user, to_mail)
smtp.finish

For reference, the start method uses this structure:
 > start(helo_domain, account, password, authtype)

It was important for us to:
 > make sure the smtp host was smtp.office365.com = yours seems OK
 > port was 587 = yours seems OK
 > STARTTLS was AUTO  = yours seems OK
 > make sure that the smtp.start used "yourdomain.com" = not sure if
you're doing this
 > authentication was LOGIN = yours seems OK

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Mohit.