Hi,

Using Delphi 10.1 Starter Edition. ICS 8, subversion revision 1284 (latest
as far as I can tell).

I am trying to use TFtpClient in Async mode. Application creates TFtpClient
at run-time. It is used to download file(s) at given intervals non-stop
(7/24). I do not assign any option, or change any parameter value when I
create TFtpClient at run-time.

I simply couldn't solve my problem of Access Violation error. It maybe my
code causing such an error. Though, I wanted to get a second opinion.

I have no problem at first pass. File is downloaded just fine. Second pass,
and I get that error. Error is raised after I call "Ftp.DirAsync()".

I have following lines before I call Directory listing:
    ftpCwdAsync:
    begin
      Ftp.HostFileName  := EmptyStr;
      Ftp.LocalFileName := EmptyStr;
      if not Assigned(DirStream) then
        DirStream := TMemoryStream.Create();
      Ftp.LocalStream   := DirStream;
      Ftp.DirAsync();
    end;

Some digging in code and I ended up below lines.
OverbyteIcsFtpCli.pas Line: 2603
procedure TCustomFtpCli.LocalStreamWrite(const Buffer; Count : Integer);
begin
    FLocalStream.WriteBuffer(Buffer, Count);
end;

I am creating DirStream in OnCreate procedure of the form. Above line which
create it in case it is not already is added later when I could not solve AV
errors.

I simply could not understand what is the problem here. Any help is
appreciated.

Regards,
Ertan Küçükoğlu