> Sending still works, but only for SMTP servers not requiring TLS.
> What would I need to do to TLS enable this application?

Look at the sample OverbyteIcsSslMailSnd, which is the SSL enabled
version.  Essentially, you change to use TSslSmtpCli which has extra
events to handle the SSL handshaking events, and add an SslContext
which controls the SSL negotiation.

Or you could change it to use my Mail Queue Component, which already
handles SSL, queues and retries email with multiple servers over 24
hours so it has a higher chance of being sent.

https://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp

> My application meanwhile provides some webservice as well using
> the built in DataSnap technology of Delphi, which also means I
> already distribute the 2 SSL DLLs required for this

ICS always uses the latest OpenSSL 1.1.0 released a year ago, Indy is
stuck with an older version that uses different file names, so you will
have to distribute four DLLs with your application.  ICS will use the
older 1.0.2 versions as well, but I would not recommend it.

Angus