> I have a backup application that I am revamping. You got me
> right, I am using both the Client and Server modules as my
> application is loaded on Source machine and Destination too. I
> get your point that I will have to work from the Client side
> majorly and not from the Server side.Thanks I will do just that.

You will find the TMagFtp component works very closely with the ICS web
server, for bulk file uploads and downloads, with all the automated
file checking and resumed uploads handled automatically, and
extensively tested for 12 years.

In particular they use special commands to index sub-directories, so a
single FTP call will return a list of thousands of sub-directories,
whereas a normal FTP server would need to list each one separately with
thousands of commands.

Suggest you test the compiled xferdemo3.exe demo against the ICS FTP
server sample.  It will save you a lot of development effort.