ICS sockets have built-in timeout feature, just define BUILTIN_TIMEOUT and use TimeoutIdle / TimeoutConnect / OnTimeout.

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:13:33 +0000
From: Graham Powell <gra...@deephaven.co.uk>
To: twsocket@lists.elists.org
Subject: [twsocket] FTP Client

Hello,

If I try and connect to a FTP server and that computer isn't even switch
on, the FTP client gives up after about 25 seconds. Is this timeout
goverened by the FTP component or by something deeper down in Windows
networking. I was just wondering if I could shorten this timeout period.
The FTP Client "Timeout" property doesn't seem to have any effect on
this, so the next question would be as to what this does affect?

Regards
Graham

--
A.S.