> I suppose that version 8 doesn't works with the old C++ Builder
> 6.0 (I can't change this, for now), so I have no choice.

I think you are stuck with ICS v5.  ICS v6 in 2012 ceased support for
CB6, with CB2006 the oldest, which we still support with v8.

New versions have new language features which are essential, like int64.

Many people would prefer us only to support modern unicode stuff with
generics, but I still use Delphi 2007 for all my own applications so
that will continue to be supported while I'm around.

Angus