> Am I correct in assuming the following:
>
> In Active mode, the Data Port Range is set by the FTP client (if
> required)
>
> In Passive Mode, the Data Port Range is set by the FTP server (if
> required)

The ICS FTP server has no concept of restricting Data Port Range, no
idea if other products do.

The ICS FTP client does allow a port restriction, but I don't believe
Passive mode makes any difference, since the client either opens the
data channel or tells the server to open it on a specific port.

But it's 10 years since I really played with FTP, and I'm hazy on this
stuff.