Hello Barrie,

The culprint is inside doFinalEscape():

        elif target == 'lout': txt = txt.replace('/', '"/"')

I don't remember why I'm quoting the / char, but it may be special in
Lout. The escaping part of the txt2tags code is very ugly, it has to
be rewritten to not change anything inside the ''marked tag''.

Thanks for the report! I've opened an issue for it at
http://code.google.com/p/txt2tags/issues/detail?id=11

By now, you can use a postproc to remove "by hand" what txt2tags has
mistakenly included.

Bye

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 05:46, Barrie Stott <zen146...@zen.co.uk> wrote:
> I believe that the input sequence ''/'' should produce the single
> character / on output. It does for html but gives the 3 characters "/"
> for lout.
>
> I'd like to be more helpful and give a patch but understanding of
> python is minimal. I don't even understand the relevant regex below:
>
>        'tagged':
>
> Barrie.

Aurélio Marinho Jargas
www.aurelio.net