The calendar is most busy for Triangle Young Jewish Professionals.  Please
join us for an oneg and services on Friday, October 15 and Football on
October 17.  Services tend to be short -- read on for more information.
For those interested in the Charlotte Singles Dance, there is a discussion
area on our electronic forum on the web site.  We hope this will help
coordinate travel and lodging.  Visit the electronic forum at
http://www.rtpnet.org/tyjp for more information.  There is also interest
in volunteering for clean-up activities from Hurricane Floyd.  Read on for
more information.  As always, a complete calendar and listing of
opportunities can be found on the web site at http://www.rtpnet.org.

I   Oneg and Services, 10/15 - Friday
II  Football - 10/17 - Sunday
III CLT. Singles Dance 10/23
IV Miscelaneous - Hurricane volunteer time
________________________
I   Oneg and Services, 10/15 - Friday

Beth Meyer has invited singles for services and an oneg on Friday, October
15.  Everyone is welcome at anytime, singles or married.  On Saturdays,
there is always a kiddush following services.  The congregation also has a
new Rabbi, David Bockman.  He is one more reason to join us next week.
Beth Meyer is supporting TYJP this year, please show your support.  Hope
you can make it.

Friday, October 15, Friday Night Singles in Shul at Beth Meyer, 8:00 PM.

For more information, or to RSVP:
Paul at the JCC at 676-6170 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Help us celebrate Shabbat, together. Join us as the local Federations,
Council of Rabbis, and Synagogues welcome singles Singles in Shul.
October's Shabbat will be hosted by Beth Meyer Synagogue in Raleigh.
Services start at 8:00,followed by an Oneg.  Please try to let us know
that you are coming by Wednesday, October 13.  If you forget to RSVP, come
anyway.  For more information, contact Paul at the JCC at 676-6170 or
e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

Directions to Beth Meyer
504 Newton Road
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
919 848 1420 phone

*If you are coming from I-40 (RDU Airport & Chapel Hill)
Continue on I-40 until you approach the Raleigh area.  You will see the
Wade Avenue exit. Take this exit and continue on the divided highway to
I-440/64 North (which is the Raleigh Beltline.) Take this - then follow
the directions below "From the Beltline." (You will be on the "inner" lane
of the Beltline - going clockwise.)

*If you are coming from Highway 70 (RDU Airport & Durham)
Continue on 70-East into Raleigh, keep going until you pass Crabtree
Valley Mall. Shortly thereafter you will see signs for I-440/64 (which is
the Raleigh Beltline.) Take the exit for Wake Forest & Rocky Mount (go
under the the overpass to reach this exit. You will then be on the "inner"
lane of the Beltline - going clockwise.) Then continue with the directions
below "From the Beltline"

*From the Beltline
Take the exit for Six Forks Rd. North (going under the overpass to reach
the exit from the "inner" lane - or before the overpass if you are on the
"outer" lane of the Beltline.)  Take Six Forks Rd. north past North Hills
Mall, past Millbrook Rd. and past Lynn Rd.  There is a traffic light at
Newton Rd., and Miller's Ace Hardware on the right.  Turn right on Newton
Rd., and Beth Meyer is 1/4 mile down on the right.

For a map directions page at the Beth Meyer web site....
<http://bethmeyer.raleigh.nc.us/map.html>

____________________________________

II  Football - 10/17 - Sunday 10:30AM

Sunday, October 17 - Football - Lake Crabtree, 10:30 AM

For more information, or to RSVP:
Contact Gary ([EMAIL PROTECTED] or 363-5411)

Come one, come all to the much anticipated return of TYJP's football in
the park.  Join us for an exciting, exhilarating and entertaining game of
touch football at Lake Crabtree park just off of I-40 in Morrisville/Cary.
We'll be meeting in the first parking lot on the right at 10:30 and
kicking off a festive game.  Experience or skill not required.  If there
is an interest, we can pick a place for lunch afterwards.  For more
information, or to RSVP, contact Gary ([EMAIL PROTECTED] or
363-5411).

Directions:

>From Raleigh:Take I-40 West to exit 285 (Aviation Parkway). At the top of
the ramp, go left. Cross the bridge and make the first left (after the
light at the end of the bridge) into the park entrance.

>From Durham:Take I-40 East to exit 285 (Aviation Parkway). At the top of
the ramp, make a right, and then take the first left into the park
entrance.

________________________
III. Charlotte Singles Dance 10/23

For more information, or to RSVP:
Contact Becky Cohen: (704) 944-6725 or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Join singles from all over North & South Carolina for an evening of fun
and conversation! Enjoy dancing, wonderful catered hot & cold hors
d'oeuvres, and an open bar serving mixed drinks, beer and wine all
evening. Dress is semi-formal.  JCC Members: $25 in advance/$30 at the
door Non-Members: $30 in advance/$35 at the door

Come for the party on Saturday night, or stay the WHOLE WEEKEND and join
us for brunch at Scalini's in the Hyatt Hotel, 5501 Carnegie Blvd, at 10
AM on Sunday, October 24 (Dutch Treat).

Where to stay: Courtyard by Marriott at Southpark (800) 321-2211. Ask for
Jewish Singles' group rate.  For more information, contact Becky Cohen,
singles' group coordinator, at (704) 944-6725 or
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

________________________

IV.   Hurricane Clean-up Volunteering

If anyone is interested in getting together to do some safe volunteer work
in the east, please let Dave Kaye know.  He is looking into some volunteer
opportunities in eastern NC.  More information will be forthcoming, but
knowing the amount of interest will tailor the assignment.  E-mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or call 858-5607.

TYJP is supported by annual membership dues and the local Jewish
Federations. For more information, please visit http://www.rtpnet.org or
e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please support tyjp.

Have you missed or deleted a message? Visit the the tyjp mail archive at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tyjp-l%40rtpnet.org/ or click the link off our
home page at http://www.rtpnet.org/tyjp

END