Wednesday, April 4, Shmooze and Views, Durham
The first Wednesday of every month is Shmooze and Views.  This month's topic
will be Israel and Rabbi Herman will be facilititating the discusion.  Come
to the Duke Freeman Center for Jewish Living at 6:30 for dinner and
discussion.  Questions?  Call Rachel at the Durham Federation at (919)
489-5335.

Sunday, April 22, Durahm Bulls Game, Durham
Daaaaaaa Bulls,  Daaaaaaaa Bulls,  Daaaaaaa Bulls!

Game time is 5:00 pm and the opposting team is the
Toleto Mud Hens (never heard of them, don't worry,
they suck).  For the major league fans out there, last
year's Bulls roster bosted the injured, demoted
rookies and washed-up has-beens alike including
infielder Jackson Ryan;  outfilders Quinton McCracken,
Ozzie Timmons, and Randy Winn; and pitchers Mike
Duvall, Jim Morris, and Bill Taylor.  AAA is the game
of heros and fools trying to get into, or back into
the majors.  That's why it's so fun to heckle them!

Parking is available in the office lot where Drew
works (about a block from the park) for about $2.
We'll meet in from of the park at 4:30, and those not
there by 5:00 will miss out on watching these idiots
try to make a name for themselves.  Please RSVP.

Sunday, April 22, Holocaust Memorial Day Ceremony, Raleigh (NC State)
The Annual NC Holocaust Observance will take place on Sunday, April 22nd at
3pm at the McKimmon Center on the campus of NC State. The McKimmon Center is
located at the corner of Western Boulevard and Gorman Steet.  Come out to
this event before attending the Durham Bulls game.

The guest speaker is professor Aaron Hass, a child of Holocaust Survivors
and an author. He will speak on the topic of 'Why We Hate Those Whom We Don't
Even Know".

For more info, contact the Federation office at 676-2200 or check the
Council on the Holocaust's Website at www.dhhs.state.nc.us/holocaustcouncil

Saturday, April 28, Happy Hour , Location TBD
We've had requests for Saturday night happy hours (and dancing?).  More
information forthcoming.  (Matt S.)