April has some added activities:

When:  April 15
Time:  1:00 p.m.

TYJP is rollerblading on the un-opened, freshly paved
section of I-540 (north of Leesville Road towards Six
Forks).  For those of you that are rollerblading
junkies, I can see you dreaming of that smooth
pavement.  Sigh...

Place: We'll meet in the brand new Harris Teeter
parking lot at 12:45.  As you face the front of Harris
Teeter, there is a restaurant called Las Palmas to the
left.  Meet there (since it's less crowded than in
front of the grocery store).  We'll wait only until
1:00 so don't be left behind!

>From I-40, take I-540 north and exit Leesville Road.
Turn right at the top of the exit ramp and (I think)
the entrance to the Harris Teeter parking lot is your
first left.

David Wolf is coodinating this event and he can be
reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for RSVP and questions.

Sunday, April 22, Holocaust Memorial Day Ceremony,
Raleigh (NC State)
The Annual NC Holocaust Observance will take place on
Sunday, April 22nd at 3pm at the McKimmon Center on
the campus of NC State. The McKimmon Center is
located at the corner of Western Boulevard and Gorman
Steet.  Come out to this event before attending the
Durham Bulls game.

The guest speaker is professor Aaron Hass, a child of
Holocaust Survivors  and an author. He will speak on
the topic of 'Why We Hate Those Whom We Don't
Even Know".

For more info, contact the Federation office at
676-2200 or check the Council on the Holocaust's
Website at www.dhhs.state.nc.us/holocaustcouncil

Sunday, April 22, 2001

Durham Bulls Game 5:00 pm

As indicated in prior emails, in order for us to have
a group discount, we need at least 20 people.  Since
we didn't get at leat 20 respones we're going to try
this a different way.  Meet at 4:30 on Sunday, April
22.  Look for Marc Harber holding a balloon standing
near the main ticket office.  Tickets will be
purchased immediately prior to the game.  We will
purchase the tickets together so we can sit together.
 The tickets are $6, and we will be sitting on the
first base side. Everyone should pay the $6 for the
tickets, and members will be reimbursed $2 during the
game.  If you would still like to join TYJP, please
send a check payable to "TYJP" to Ron Winick 9724
Erinsbrook Dr.  Raleigh, NC 27617. If you come late to
the game, purchase your ticket and look for us over
first base.  For more info, contact Sherry Van Wie at
250-9098 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sunday, April 29 Israel Indendence Day Celebration!
2:30 to 5:00 p.m. on the grounds of the Lerner Jewish
Day School in Durham (next to Judea Reform).

Non-stop entertainment, music, Israeli folk dancing,
arts and crafts, games, sports, Israel booths and
"tours", and community information.

Ethnic food, desserts and drinks for sale.

Don't miss this popular community event of Yom
Ha'Atzmaut!

Friday-Sunday, April 27-29 Opportunities for Personal
Development

Friday night:  "If you went out with you, would you go
out with you again?"
7:00 Candlelighting and Services at Sha'arei Israel,
7400 Falls of Neuse Road, dinner at 8:00 at home of
the Goulds, 7104 Tanbark Way Rd, Raleigh.  $12/person

Shabbat Day:  "Family Environment: Practical Tips for
Raising Children and Teens".

Sh'arei Israel, 2-3:30 p.m.

Saturday night: Couples Night Out.  "Adam and Eve -
Marriage and the Journey Back to Paradise".

Enjoy dessert and wine reception at Temple Beth Or,
5315 Creedmoor Road, 9:00 p.m., $36 per couple and
included with full Sunday program.

Sunday:  "Getting the Relationship You Want".

Temple Beth Or, 10 am - 5 pm, $100 per couple,
includes Saturday program and buffet lunch.  Limited
scholarships available upon request.

Speakers:  Rabbi Samuel Stauber and Rivkah Stauber,
CSW.

All programs require reservations.  Contact Helana
Herman at 846-0426 or Abbe Gorberg at 676-220 for
information and reservations.  Please (I beg of you)
do NOT respond to this email by hitting the reply key.