Shalom everyone.

On behalf of the entire TYJP Board of Directors, I hope everyone had a Happy and Healthy New Years  Unfortunately, I was "under-the-weather", hence the need to cancel the New Years Party; I apologize to everyone for any inconvenience.  Fortunately, I will be back on my feet within the next week or so.

As we may see from time to time, we will have "spur of the moment" events.  As such, in this installment of the TYJP Event Newsletter, please find details for the following events:
    Saturday, January 4, 2003/Sunday, January 5, 2003:  Impromptu Event - NFL Playoffs
    Saturday, January 11, 2003:  Poker Night

Mark your calendars for these other events; more information will follow in subsequent Emails.
    Thursday, January 16, 2003:  Happy Hour
    Sunday, January 26, 2003:  Annual Super Bowl Party
    Sunday, February 2, 2003:  Folk Dancing at Temple Beth Or
    * Saturday, February 8, 2003:  Movie Night
    ** Saturday, February 15, 2003:  Valentine's Day Theme Party
    Thursday, February 20, 2003:  Happy Hour
    Saturday, March 1, 2003:  Midnight Madness Bowling
    Wednesday, March 5, 2003:  Board/Planning Meeting
    *** Thursday, March 20, 2003:  Happy Hour (Possibly St. Patrick's Day Theme)
    Sunday, March 30, 2003:  Day Trip to the NC Zoo in Asheboro

Notes:
  *  We are looking for a host for Movie Night.  Please contact Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) if you are interested, or have questions.
  **  At the planning meeting, two options were discussed for this event.  I will be sending out a separate Email/questionnaire to help us determine what the theme of this event will be.  I will send this Email/questionnaire out within the next few days.
  ***  We are looking for a host for this Happy Hour.  Please contact Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) if you are interested, or have questions.

Impromptu Event - NFL Playoffs:
When:  Saturday, January 4 & Sunday January 5, 2003
Time:  Saturday:  4:00 PM - ??? / Sunday:  12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Where:  To Be Determined.

Marc Harber intends to watch the NFL playoffs this weekend (Saturday 4:00-??? and Sunday 12:00-8:00).  He's not sure where, yet.  If any of you are interested in joining him, give Marc a call 942-1487 or e-mail him at [EMAIL PROTECTED].  Include suggestions on where we can go.
Poker Night:
When:  Saturday, November 9, 2002
Time:  7:00 PM
Where:  Marc's House, 400 Davie Road Apt 71, Carrboro (919-942-1487 or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
)

An RSVP is necessary to play. But if you just want to watch, an RSVP is unnecessary.  If you are interested in playing, but are unable to make it on this particular date and time, let Marc know.  If he can't get enough people then he's up for postponing it.

The Stakes:
This is Marc's suggestion, to keep losses at a minimum.  But he's open to alterations:
The game: dealer's choice
Minimum bet: a nickel
Maximum bet: a dime, except for the last round of any hand when it goes up to a quarter
Raises: Three per round
Sandbagging: (checking, only to raise later in the round) allowed unless the dealer requests otherwise
Jackpot poker (when you are required to match the pot): prohibited

What to Bring:
Bring your own booze or your own snack and, of course, money.

Directions:

From I-40W:

Get off at exit 273B (54W Chapel Hill).  Stay on 54W until the 54 & 15-501 junction (about 2 miles).  Take the exit for 54 West & 15-501 South.  It will be on your right immediately AFTER the overpass.  Remain on this road.  Eventually 15-501 South will drop off, and it will be just 54W.  After this split, you will see the Merritt Mill Road exit followed by the Jones Ferry Road exit.  Get off at Jones Ferry Road and turn right at the light.  Turn left at the BP station (You'll see the BP station on the left as soon as you get onto Jones Ferry Road - it's Davie Road).  Follow Davie Road for about a quarter of a mile.  Marc's apartment (#71) will be on the left-hand side, across the street from the cemetery.  It will be the third apartment you see once you reach the cemetery.  Parking for Marc's complex (Fidelity Court Apartments - 400 Davie Road) will be on the left, after his apartment.  There is no reserved parking so pick whichever spot is convenient for you.

From 15-501 South:
In Chapel Hill, 15-501 South will junction up with 54W.  From this point, follow the directions above from where it says Remain on this road.

+ and click on the "Mail Archive" link.
+
+ TYJP web site: http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ Send all list commands to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
+
+ To unsubscribe send the following in the message body:
+    UNSUBSCRIBE tyjp-l
+
+ To subscribe send the following in the message body:
+    SUBSCRIBE  tyjp-l YourFirstName YourLastName <email address>
+
+       for example:
+          SUBSCRIBE tyjp-l Joe Schmoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+ For a complete list of commands send the following in the message body:
+    HELP
+
+ Mosaic of NC, etc.), please visit our web site:  http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.