    December 18, 2003:  Hanukah Happy Hour
    December 25, 2003:  Game Day/Night

Mini-Golf:
When:  Sunday, September 21, 2003
Time:  1:00 PM
Where:  Adventure Landing, 3311 Capital Blvd., Raleigh, NC

This event is "ON" as of 4:00 PM, Saturday, September 20.

Join TYJP for on Sunday, September 21, 2003 as we return to a traditional favorite.  We will be tearing up the links at Adventure Landing on the miniature golf courses and other activities including the batting cages and go-carts.  Each round of golf is $5.99 (2nd game may be purchased for $2.49 if purchased at same time as the purchase for the first game), other prices for go-carts, batting cages, etc.  RSVPs are not required, but will be greatly  appreciated to see if we have enough people to get a group rate.

For more info check the website at www.adventurelanding.com or contact Josh at (336) 851-5005 (Home after 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.), (336) 274-4658 (Work) or e-mail, [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Directions:

From Chapel Hill, Durham, and areas west of Raleigh:

Take I-40 E to Exit 289.  Follow the Raleigh-Chapel Hill Expressway until it merges onto US 1 N.  Follow US 1 (Capital Blvd.) to Adventure Landing at 3311 Capital Blvd.

Or, alternatively, Take I-40 E to I-540 North.  Follow I-540 to Capital Blvd Exit.  Take Capital Blvd. South to 3311 Capital Blvd.

From South Raleigh or Cary:

Take I-440 N to Capital Blvd Exit.  Exit at Capital Blvd North, and make a U-turn (Adventure Landing is on the left side of the road) approx 1.5 miles past the exit.

Whitewater Rafting on the Upper Gauley River:
When:  Friday, October 10 - Sunday, October 12, 2003
Time:  Leave Triangle Friday Afternoon/Evening - Raft Saturday AM - Return to Triangle Sunday
Where:  Upper Gauley River, Hico, WV (Phone: 800-822-1FUN)

Join TYJP and other outdoor enthusiasts on the Upper Gauley River, arguably some of the best white water rafting on the East Coast, for the weekend of October 10, 2003.  You do not need to be an expert paddler (although it is recommended that you have some paddling experience) to enjoy the Upper Gauley River.  However, the Upper Gauley River contains several "Class 5+" rapids, so you should not be afraid of getting wet.  On the bright side, in the past few years that we have been doing this trip , no one from our group has actually fallen in!  For those that are adventurous, there is a cliff that many people jump from.

For more information about the Upper Gauley River and Mountain River Tours, the outfitter we have been using for the past several years, please visit MRT's web site:
    http://www.raftmrt.com

You must RSVP with Mountain River Tours quickly, as the available spaces are filling up fast.  Do not wait until the last minute.  See below for details.  Depending on weather conditions, you may also want to think about renting a wet suit (or bring your own).

Basic Itinerary:
We will be camping in the Mountain River Tour's campsite Friday night, October 10; however, there are hotels in the area (approximately 30-45 minutes away) for those who don't want to rough it.  The campsite is nicely equipped, with modern restrooms and showers.  We are tentatively scheduled for the 7:30AM rafting trip on Saturday, October 11; however, depending on demand, we may be bumped to a later time instead, or possibly even earlier if demand requires it (hence the need to RSVP as soon as possible; see below).  Both breakfast and lunch will be supplied by MRT.  Based upon weather and other factors, we will decide whether we will continue to camp Saturday night, or head to a hotel instead.  We will then head home on Sunday morning, October 12.

To RSVP:
Please contact Mountain River Tours directly, at 1-800-822-1FUN (1386).  To ensure your reservation is entered correctly for our group, use our reservation number, 29802; the trip is under the name of "Michael Cohen".  Please be prepared to supply your credit card number for a charge of $105.44 (this includes the $99.00 base cost, plus taxes and fees); we were able to get a $35 discount as this is the last weekend the Gauley will be open.

Carpooling:
Once you have made your reservation with Mountain River Tours, please send a note to Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) including the following information:
* Are you interested in carpooling up to West Virginia
* Are you willing to drive (if Yes, do you mind others driving your car and is your car's transmission automatic or manual?)
* Are you able to drive a car with manual transmission
* What time can you leave on Friday afternoon/evening
* What part of the Triangle are you leaving from (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, etc.)
* When do you need to be back on Sunday
* What are your phone numbers for contact (home, work, cell, etc.)

More information will follow to those that RSVP.

If you have any other questions, please contact Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

+ TYJP web site: http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ Send all list commands to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
+
+ To unsubscribe send the following in the message body:
+    UNSUBSCRIBE tyjp-l
+
+ To subscribe send the following in the message body:
+    SUBSCRIBE  tyjp-l YourFirstName YourLastName <email address>
+
+       for example:
+          SUBSCRIBE tyjp-l Joe Schmoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+ For a complete list of commands send the following in the message body:
+    HELP
+ Mosaic of NC, etc.), please visit our web site:  http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.