    Friday, January 23, 30, and February 27, 2004:  "Slap Happy" Live
    Sunday, January 25, 2004:  Line Dancing
    Sunday, February 1, 2004:  Annual Super Bowl Party (RSVP Required)

Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in subsequent Emails.

    Thursday, February 19, 2004:  Happy Hour
    Saturday, February 28, 2004:  Murder Mystery Party
    Sunday, February 29, 2004:  Craft Day
    Wednesday, March 10, 2004:  Hurricane's Game
    Thursday, March 18, 2004:  Happy Hour
    TBD, 2004:  Final Four Party
    Monday, April 5, 2004:  First Night Passover Seder
    Thursday, April 15, 2004:  Happy Hour
    Sunday, April 25, 2004:  Game Day

Special Notice:
During the December 2003 Board/Planning meeting, the Board of TYJP decided to collect dues for the calendar year of 2004 in the amount of $5.00 per person.  TYJP needs these dues to stay solvent and remain financially independent.  We use these funds to pay for the web site, email list server, and various other expenses we incur during the year.  We ask that you help support TYJP's continued existence by paying your $5.00 dues at one of the first three events you attend during the year, or send your check or money order, or pay via PayPal, as directed on our web site:
    http://www.rtpnet.org/tyjp/html/membership.html
 In order to help facilitate this action, TYJP will now have a sign in roster at all events.

"Slap Happy" Live:
When:  Friday, January 16, 23, 30, and February 27, 2004
Time:  Jan 16 & 23:  9:30 PM /  Jan 30 & Feb 27:  9:00 PM
Where:  Various locations, see below.
"Slap Happy" is a classic rock band that our very own Scott Willens sings and plays keyboards in.  "Slap Happy" will be performing on various Fridays during January and February; see below for details of locations.  The band generally plays until 1:30 or 2AM.  Song list includes Journey, Styx, Boston, Van Halen, Toto, Beatles, Eagles, Tom Petty, Bryan Adams, John Mellencamp, Rolling Stones, Counting Crows, Barenaked Ladies, Doobie Brothers, etc.

For more information, please contact Scott Willens at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Locations and phone numbers (please use MapQuest.com to gain detailed directions):

Fri. Jan. 16 9:30PM:
Tailgaters Sports Bar
2645 E. Millbrook Rd., Raleigh
919-872-2827

Fri. Jan. 23 9:30PM
O'Malley's Tavern
5228 Holly Ridge Dr., Raleigh
919-787-1234

Fri. Jan. 30 and Fri. Feb. 28 9:00PM
Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), Garner
(we will try to get the specific address in a later newsletter)
919-772-1062

Line Dancing:
When:  Sunday, January 25, 2004
Time:  6:30 PM
Where:  Long Branch Saloon, 600 Creekside Drive, Raleigh

Mark your calenders for Sunday, January 25th
Join us for a TYJP dancing event!
See information below....
  • contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you have any questions.
  • Deanna will be there at 6:30-ish pm to meet everyone.
  •  RSVP's are not required, but if you want to, i'll have an idea who to look out for!

Go to http://www.longbranchsaloon.com/calendar.php for more information and directions

January 25, 2004
6:30 pm - 10:30 pm

Tonight's Lesson: Picnic Polka

Doors open at 6:30 to 10:30
Dance lessons begin at 7
Admission is $5 for everyone

Dance evenings are popular at The Longbranch.
These evenings are not the typical "bar scene".
People interested in learning: Line, Two-Step, & Swing, will enjoy the lessons.

You don't need a partner and best of all, dancing is good exercise!

Annual Super Bowl Party:
When:  Sunday, February 1, 2004
Time:  6:00 PM (Kickoff is scheduled for 6:25 PM)
Where:  Michael Cohen's House

Come to TYJP's annual Super Bowl Party, this year hosted by Michael Cohen.  Watch Super Bowl XXXVIII on Mike's 53", widescreen High Definition TV; yes, this year CBS will be broadcasting the Super Bowl in High Definition!  Bring a dish to share or something to toss on the barbecue and whatever you want to drink.  This is an RSVP event, so please e-mail Mike at [EMAIL PROTECTED] by January 29th; RSVPs sent after January 29th will not be received until the evening of, or even after, the Super Bowl, so don't be late.  Tell Mike what you'll be bringing and he'll reply with directions.

+ TYJP web site: http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ Send all list commands to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
+
+ To unsubscribe send the following in the message body:
+    UNSUBSCRIBE tyjp-l
+
+ To subscribe send the following in the message body:
+    SUBSCRIBE  tyjp-l YourFirstName YourLastName <email address>
+
+       for example:
+          SUBSCRIBE tyjp-l Joe Schmoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+ For a complete list of commands send the following in the message body:
+    HELP
+ Mosaic of NC, etc.), please visit our web site:  http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.