2)  Jew Bowl (Football) at Crabtree Park in Morrisville.

If you have an opinion one way or the other, please send a note to Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  If we get enough people interested (10+), we will head down to Carowinds; otherwise, we will have one of our wacky Jew Bowl games.  Please respond by July 10.  You only have 2.5 more Days to vote; we currently have two (2) votes for Carowinds, and two (2) votes for Jew Bowl.

Jew Bowl (Football):
When:  Sunday, July 25, 2004
Time:  11:00 AM
Where:  Lake Crabtree County Park, Morrisville, NC

You have probably never heard of it on the radio, read about it in the newspaper, nor seen it on TV.  However, Jew Bowl is perhaps one of TYJP members’ favorite events.  If you don’t consider yourself to be an athlete or don’t know how to play football, don’t be discouraged; you won’t be the only one.  All we ask is everyone have some fun!

Directions:

Take I-40 to Exit 285, Aviation Parkway.  Turn right if you're coming from I-40 east, and left if coming from I-40 west (go south, away from the airport). Look for the entrance to Lake Crabtree Park on the left in less than a mile.  Park in the first lot on the right.

For more information, please contact Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  RSVPs are not required.

TYJP Annual Summer Picnic:
When:  Sunday, August 1, 2004
Time:  11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Where:  Durant Nature Park, Raleigh
Cost:  $6.00 (paid members) / $9.00 (non-members)

It's that time of year again.  Join us this year as we gather at Durant Nature Park for TYJP's annual picnic.  We will be barbecuing hamburgers, hot dogs, and vegetarian items, and drinks (non-alcoholic) to be served with a wide variety of traditional picnic side items.  The annual picnic has always been TYJP's best attended even each year and we are looking to continue that tradition.

For those interested in playing football, please let Josh know in advance so we can have an estimate as to how many people will be playing.  For those interested, boats are also available for rental.

RSVP and PAYMENT (see below for details) are required in advance for this event due to the costs of the food and the rental of the picnic shelter.  RSVP and payment must be received by Friday, July 30, 2004.

For more information, please contact Josh Levy during the day at (919) 846-0125 or via e-mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DIRECTIONS:

The picnic shelter is located near the North entrance to Durant Nature Park, which can be accessed from Durant Road.  The park can also be accessed from the south entrance which is accessed from Capital Blvd.

From Durham, Chapel Hill and locations west of Raleigh:

Follow I-40 E to I-540.  Exit on to I-540-E and proceed to Exit 14, Falls of Neuse Road.  From the top of the exit ramp, turn left onto Fall of Neuse and go straight until Durant Road.  Turn right onto Durant Road, and follow until you see the entrance to the park on the right.

From North Raleigh:

Take I-440 to Capital Blvd.  Exit North onto Capital Blvd.  At the US-1 /401 split, stay to the left onto US-1 / Capital Blvd.  Follow US-1 past Triangle Town Center until you reach Durant Road.  Turn left onto Durant Road, then turn left at the entrance to Durant Nature Park.

From Cary/ Morrisville:

Take I-540-E and proceed to Exit 14, Falls of Neuse Road.  From the top of the exit ramp, turn left onto Fall of Neuse and go straight until Durant Road.  Turn right onto Durant Road, and follow until you see the entrance to the park on the right.

TO RSVP for the Summer Picnic:

Option 1:  Send Checks or money orders payable to TYJP to:
      Josh Levy
      8402 Six Forks Road, Suite 104
      Raleigh, NC 27615
Option 2:  Pay by cash transfer through PayPal; you can click on one of the following links:
      Members ($6.00)
Option 3:  Pay any TYJP Board Member cash, check, or money order (payable to TYJP) at the upcoming Happy Hour.

Annual "Wet 'n Wild" Waterpark Adventure:
When:  Sunday, August 8, 2004
Time:  Meet at the Emerald Pointe at 10:30 AM; leave various locations accordingly.
Where:  "Wet ’n Wild" Emerald Pointe Water Park, Greensboro, NC

Join TYJP for an "end of summer" celebration at Emerald Pointe Water Park in Greensboro, NC.  Wet 'n Wild, the Carolina’s largest and most exhilarating water park, is the perfect summer getaway, with dozens of ways to beat the heat, from thrilling water slides to relaxing rides for all ages.  For more specific information regarding Emerald Pointe, please refer to their web site:
  http://www.emeraldpointe.com

If anyone is interested after spending a full day at the Park, we plan to go to one of the many eating establishments in the area.  We plan to leave the park around 5:30 PM and get to one of the eateries by 6:00 PM.  More information will be forthcoming, and will be based upon feedback from interested parties.

Since Emerald Pointe is approximately 70-90 minutes from the Triangle, we will be attempting to set-up carpools from the various Triangle areas.  Please RSVP with Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by August 4 for this event, and please indicate:
  1.       Where are you planning to come from (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, High Point)
  2.       Do you wish to join a carpool to Greensboro.
  3.       Do you mind driving a carpool to Greensboro.
  4.       Are you planning to join us for dinner afterwards, or do you plan to return early.
  5.       Please also include your telephone numbers.

You have several options to get into the park for less than the regular price ($25.99):
  1.       If you wish to get a prepaid discount ticket at a rate of $21.00 which is good for any day the park is open, see below for payment options.
  2.       You can get into the park for $22.00 by providing a Lowes Food's Rewards Card (up to four admissions) at the ticket office.
  3.       You can get into the park for $22.00 by picking up a $4.00 coupon from an area Burger King.
  4.       You can get prepaid discount tickets from area WalMarts; I do not know what they are going for.
Other costs include $5.00/car for parking, and a locker rental fee of $7.00 (of which $2 is a refundable key deposit); we generally share one locker among two people (for shoes, shirts, etc.).  Also, plan to spend between $7 to $10 if you want to get lunch at the park.

Directions to Emerald Pointe can be found at:
  http://www.emeraldpointe.com/index.jsp?path=parkInfo&page=directions

If you have any questions, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

RSVP/Payment Options:

To RSVP with payment:
Option 1:  You may send a check or money order, payable to Michael Cohen, to:
    Michael Cohen
    308 Silk Hope Drive
    Cary, NC 27519
Option 3:  Pay any Board Member by cash, check or money order at the next Happy Hour.

To RSVP without payment (you are responsible for getting your ticket), please send an email to Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

+ and click on the "Mail Archive" link.
+
+ TYJP web site: http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ Send all list commands to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
+
+ To unsubscribe send the following in the message body:
+    UNSUBSCRIBE tyjp-l
+
+ To subscribe send the following in the message body:
+    SUBSCRIBE  tyjp-l YourFirstName YourLastName <email address>
+
+       for example:
+          SUBSCRIBE tyjp-l Joe Schmoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+ For a complete list of commands send the following in the message body:
+    HELP
+
+ Mosaic of NC, etc.), please visit our web site:  http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.
+ If you are reading this message from the "Mail Archive", and wish to
+ contact someone whose email address is "protected", please send a
+ message to "tyjp at rtpnet.org" (replace the word "at" and the spaces
+ with the "@" symbol).