This is the "last call" for the Trip to Emerald Pointe. If you are interested in attending this event, and you have not RSVPed, you should do so immediately; Michael will be finalizing the carpools on Thursday afternoon. Also, if you intend to pay by PayPal, please note that we only accept PayPal cash transfers; the costs associated with accepting credit cards are prohibitive for TYJP.
In this installment of the TYJP Newsletter, please find details for the following events:
Sunday, August 8, 2004: Annual Trip to Emerald Pointe "Wet 'n Wild" (RSVP Required by August 4)
Wednesday, August 11, 2004: Board/Planning Meeting (RSVP Required by August 10)
Thursday, August 19, 2004: Happy Hour
Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in subsequent Emails.
Sunday, August 29, 2004: "Jew Brew"
Annual "Wet 'n Wild" Waterpark Adventure:
When: Sunday, August 8, 2004
Time: Meet at the Emerald Pointe at 10:30 AM; leave various locations accordingly.
Where: "Wet ’n Wild" Emerald Pointe Water Park, Greensboro, NC
Join TYJP for an "end of summer" celebration at Emerald Pointe Water Park in Greensboro, NC. Wet 'n Wild, the Carolina’s largest and most exhilarating water park, is the perfect summer getaway, with dozens of ways to beat the heat, from thrilling water slides to relaxing rides for all ages. For more specific information regarding Emerald Pointe, please refer to their web site:
If anyone is interested after spending a full day at the Park, we plan to go to one of the many eating establishments in the area. We plan to leave the park around 5:30 PM and get to one of the eateries by 6:00 PM. More information will be forthcoming, and will be based upon feedback from interested parties.
Since Emerald Pointe is approximately 70-90 minutes from the Triangle, we will be attempting to set-up carpools from the various Triangle areas. Please RSVP with Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by August 4 for this event, and please indicate:
1. Where are you planning to come from (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, High Point)
2. Do you wish to join a carpool to Greensboro.
3. Do you mind driving a carpool to Greensboro.
4. Are you planning to join us for dinner afterwards, or do you plan to return early.
5. Please also include your telephone numbers.
You have several options to get into the park for less than the regular price ($25.99):
1. If you wish to get a prepaid discount ticket at a rate of $21.00 which is good for any day the park is open, see below for payment options.
2. You can get into the park for $22.00 by providing a Lowes Food's Rewards Card (up to four admissions) at the ticket office.
3. You can get into the park for $22.00 by picking up a $4.00 coupon from an area Burger King.
4. You can get prepaid discount tickets from area WalMarts; I do not know what they are going for.
Other costs include $5.00/car for parking, and a locker rental fee of $7.00 (of which $2 is a refundable key deposit); we generally share one locker among two people (for shoes, shirts, etc.). Also, plan to spend between $7 to $10 if you want to get lunch at the park.
Directions to Emerald Pointe can be found at:
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].
To RSVP with payment:
Option 1: You may send a check or money order, payable to Michael Cohen, to:
308 Silk Hope Drive
Cary, NC 27519
To RSVP without payment (you are responsible for getting your ticket), please send an email to Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].