Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in subsequent Emails.
    Sunday, August 29, 2004:  "Jew Brew"

Annual "Wet 'n Wild" Waterpark Adventure:
When:  Sunday, August 8, 2004
Time:  Meet at the Emerald Pointe at 10:30 AM; leave various locations accordingly.
Where:  "Wet ’n Wild" Emerald Pointe Water Park, Greensboro, NC

Join TYJP for an "end of summer" celebration at Emerald Pointe Water Park in Greensboro, NC.  Wet 'n Wild, the Carolina’s largest and most exhilarating water park, is the perfect summer getaway, with dozens of ways to beat the heat, from thrilling water slides to relaxing rides for all ages.  For more specific information regarding Emerald Pointe, please refer to their web site:
  http://www.emeraldpointe.com

If anyone is interested after spending a full day at the Park, we plan to go to one of the many eating establishments in the area.  We plan to leave the park around 5:30 PM and get to one of the eateries by 6:00 PM.  More information will be forthcoming, and will be based upon feedback from interested parties.

Since Emerald Pointe is approximately 70-90 minutes from the Triangle, we will be attempting to set-up carpools from the various Triangle areas.  Please RSVP with Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by August 4 for this event, and please indicate:
  1.       Where are you planning to come from (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, High Point)
  2.       Do you wish to join a carpool to Greensboro.
  3.       Do you mind driving a carpool to Greensboro.
  4.       Are you planning to join us for dinner afterwards, or do you plan to return early.
  5.       Please also include your telephone numbers.

You have several options to get into the park for less than the regular price ($25.99):
  1.       If you wish to get a prepaid discount ticket at a rate of $21.00 which is good for any day the park is open, see below for payment options.
  2.       You can get into the park for $22.00 by providing a Lowes Food's Rewards Card (up to four admissions) at the ticket office.
  3.       You can get into the park for $22.00 by picking up a $4.00 coupon from an area Burger King.
  4.       You can get prepaid discount tickets from area WalMarts; I do not know what they are going for.
Other costs include $5.00/car for parking, and a locker rental fee of $7.00 (of which $2 is a refundable key deposit); we generally share one locker among two people (for shoes, shirts, etc.).  Also, plan to spend between $7 to $10 if you want to get lunch at the park.

Directions to Emerald Pointe can be found at:
  http://www.emeraldpointe.com/index.jsp?path=parkInfo&page=directions

If you have any questions, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

RSVP/Payment Options:

To RSVP with payment:
Option 1:  You may send a check or money order, payable to Michael Cohen, to:
    Michael Cohen
    308 Silk Hope Drive
    Cary, NC 27519

To RSVP without payment (you are responsible for getting your ticket), please send an email to Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Board/Planning Meeting:
When:  Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Time:  6:30 PM Board Meeting / 7:00 PM Planning Meeting
Where:  Michael C.'s House (RSVP for Directions)

It's that time of the year again.  It is time to plan TYJP events for the rest of the year.  If you have any ideas or suggestions for activities or events for the time frame of September 1 through December 31, 2004, please feel free to come to the planning meeting.  We would love to see some new volunteers and ideas.  If you cannot attend the meeting, but have any ideas, suggestions, or wish to volunteer for an event, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

We will meet at Michael's house for this meeting, to help facilitate easy communication between all those who attend; we have had trouble in the past with people hearing other people in noisy restaurants.  The Board will meet at 6:30 PM; the Planning Meeting will start at 7:00 PM.  We will order pizzas for those who attend (anyone eating may be asked to pitch in); if you have any preferences for the type of pizza you want, please indicate it in your RSVP.  To RSVP and receive directions to his house, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Happy Hour (Marjorie's Birthday Party):
When:  Thursday, August 19, 2004
Time:  7:00 PM
Where:  Johnny Carino's at Brier Creek, 8101 Brier Creek Parkway, Raleigh, NC (919-806-5524)

Come join Triangle Young Jewish Professionals for a night of good food, good fun and friends old and new.  And it’s Marjorie’s birthday, so you better be there! (No presents other than your presence desired.)

Questions? Send them to Marjorie Zackheim at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Directions:

For individualized directions, please go to the following MapQuest web page:

From Durham/Chapel Hill:
Take I-40 East to I-540 North.
Exit I-540 at US-70 West.
Turn Left onto Brier Creek Parkway (1st Light).
You will see Johnny Carino's on your left.

+ TYJP web site: http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ Send all list commands to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
+
+ To unsubscribe send the following in the message body:
+    UNSUBSCRIBE tyjp-l
+
+ To subscribe send the following in the message body:
+    SUBSCRIBE  tyjp-l YourFirstName YourLastName <email address>
+
+       for example:
+          SUBSCRIBE tyjp-l Joe Schmoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
+
+ For a complete list of commands send the following in the message body:
+    HELP
+ Mosaic of NC, etc.), please visit our web site:  http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.