    Thursday, March 17, 2005:  Happy Hour

Thursday, April 7, 2005:  Board/Planning Meeting
    Sunday,
April 10, 2005:  Geocaching

Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in subsequent Emails.

    Thursday, April 21, 2005:  Happy Hour

Other activities that have not yet been scheduled are:

    Final Four Party

    Billiards

    Sushi Night

Due to a conflict in scheduling, the Zoo trip will be postponed.

ANNUAL DUES NOTICE:

TYJP will be collecting annual dues again this year in the amount of $5.00 per person.  Dues are necessary to keep the organization alive and active for expenses included but not limited to the web site and subsidizing of various large scale events throughout the year.  Members who attend events regularly are requested to pay dues to Josh Levy, Treasurer, in the form of cash or check payable to TYJP.

Happy Hour

When:  Thursday, March 17, 2005

Time:  7:00 PM

Where:  West End Wine Bar, 450 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill (919-967-7599)

We would love top have you join us for our monthly Happy Hour. This month we are holding it the West End Wine Bar in Chapel Hill. UNC is on Spring Break so there should be plenty of couches we can snag. They do offer food. Please see below for their menu. See you there at 7:30pm and if we are really lucky we will be able to sit up on the roof. See you all there!

Their write up: Here youíll find over a hundred wines available by the glass, an unrivaled bottle list and a friendly staff to help make sense of all the choices. Dine on a wine-inspired menu. A sixty-foot hand-tiled bar, overstuffed couches and rhythms courtesy of local musicians and DJs complete the scene. A rooftop patio distinguishes West End as Chapel Hillís only three-floor venue. Weather permitting, thereís no better place to enjoy a moonlit evening.

Please visit the West End Wine Barís Web Site for more information.

Directions:

It is located next to the Carolina Brewery on Franklin. Their number is (919) 967-7599.  Best place to park in the parking lot on South Roberson Street (If, coming from downtown Ė Top of the Hill area, the next left street after the wine bar is South Roberson.  Take your first left off of S. Roberson into the parking lot).

From Raleigh:

  Take I-40 W

  Take the NC-54 W exit 273A to Chapel Hill

  Take NC-54 W - go 1.6 mi it will then turn into Raleigh Rd.

  Continue on Raleigh Rd - go 1.9 mi

  Continue on South Rd - go 0.6 mi

  Turn right at S Columbia St - go 0.4 mi

  Turn left at W Franklin St - go 0.4 mi

For individualized directions, please visit this Google Map.

Board/Planning Meeting:
When:  Thursday, April 22, 2004

Time:  6:30 PM Board Meeting / 7:00 PM Planning Meeting

Where:  Michael C's House (RSVP for Directions)

It's that time of the year again.  It is time to plan TYJP events for the next quarter.  If you have any ideas or suggestions for activities or events for the time frame of May 1 through August 31, 2005, please feel free to come to the planning meeting.  We would love to see some new volunteers and ideas.  If you cannot attend the meeting, but have any ideas, suggestions, or wish to volunteer for an event, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

We will meet at Michael Cís house for this meeting, to help facilitate easy communication between all those who attend; we have had trouble in the past with people hearing other people in noisy restaurants.  The Board will meet at
6:30 PM; the Planning Meeting will start at 7:00 PM.  We will order pizzas for those who attend (anyone eating may be asked to pitch in); if you have any preferences for the type of pizza you want, please indicate it in your RSVP.  To RSVP and receive directions to his house, please contact Michael C at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Geocaching / Treasure Hunting

When:  Sunday, April 10, 2005

Time:  1:00 Ė 4:00 pm

Where:  Meet at Deb's House

Geocaching has been described as a modern day treasure hunt. Geocachers are given a set of coordinates that they enter into a GPS receiver; players then go and look for the cache, which is something that was hidden by some other geocacher in the past. Once you've found the cache, you sign and date a log book and maybe make a note for future cache visitors if you're so inclined.

The caches haven't been selected yet but there are 1723 caches in North Carolina alone so there are plenty to choose from. The plan is to split up into two teams  - or more depending on the number of palm GPS receivers we have among us - and let each team go off to find their designated cache. The caches that are chosen will be in the same general vicinity and of the same general difficulty rating. Whichever team finds their cache first "wins." Be prepared to do a bit of hiking/walking in the great outdoors, so dress appropriately and bring sunscreen/shades/water and whatever else may be useful/needed for an afternoon outside.

Please RSVP to [EMAIL PROTECTED] by April 3rd to get directions and so that I can make plans for the caches/teams and GPS receivers. Please also let me know if you have a palm GPS receiver that we can use.

+ TYJP web site:

http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ To unsubscribe, send a message to: