    Thursday, April 21, 2005:  Happy Hour

Due to a conflict in scheduling, the Zoo trip will be postponed.

Board/Planning Meeting:
When:  Thursday, April 7, 2005
Time:  6:30 PM Board Meeting / 7:00 PM Planning Meeting
Where:  Michael C's House (RSVP for Directions)

It's that time of the year again.  It is time to plan TYJP events for the next quarter.  If you have any ideas or suggestions for activities or events for the time frame of May 1 through August 31, 2005, please feel free to come to the planning meeting.  We would love to see some new volunteers and ideas.  If you cannot attend the meeting, but have any ideas, suggestions, or wish to volunteer for an event, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

We will meet at Michael C’s house for this meeting, to help facilitate easy communication between all those who attend; we have had trouble in the past with people hearing other people in noisy restaurants.  The Board will meet at 6:30 PM; the Planning Meeting will start at 7:00 PM.  We will order pizzas for those who attend (anyone eating may be asked to pitch in); if you have any preferences for the type of pizza you want, please indicate it in your RSVP.  To RSVP and receive directions to his house, please contact Michael C at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Geocaching / Treasure Hunting
When:  Sunday, April 10, 2005
Time:  1:00 – 4:00 pm
Where:  Meet at Deb's House

Geocaching has been described as a modern day treasure hunt. Geocachers are given a set of coordinates that they enter into a GPS receiver; players then go and look for the cache, which is something that was hidden by some other geocacher in the past. Once you've found the cache, you sign and date a log book and maybe make a note for future cache visitors if you're so inclined.

The caches haven't been selected yet but there are 1723 caches in North Carolina alone so there are plenty to choose from. The plan is to split up into two teams  - or more depending on the number of palm GPS receivers we have among us - and let each team go off to find their designated cache. The caches that are chosen will be in the same general vicinity and of the same general difficulty rating. Whichever team finds their cache first "wins." Be prepared to do a bit of hiking/walking in the great outdoors, so dress appropriately and bring sunscreen/shades/water and whatever else may be useful/needed for an afternoon outside.

Please RSVP to [EMAIL PROTECTED] by April 3rd to get directions and so that I can make plans for the caches/teams and GPS receivers. Please also let me know if you have a palm GPS receiver that we can use.

Happy Hour:
When:  Thursday, April 21, 2005
Time:   7:00 PM
Where:  Rudino’s Rooftop Sports Bar, 8800 Harvest Oaks Dr., Raleigh (919-848-0482)
Website:  http://www.rudinos.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=locations.locDetail&locID=12

Join TYJP for April's Happy Hour on Thursday April 21 at Rudino's Rooftop Sports Bar at 7:00 PM.  Rudino's is located in North Raleigh in the Harvest Oaks Shopping center (near the intersection of Six Forks Rd & Strickland Rd).  More information is available about Rudino's menu at their website.  We may sit outside on the rooftop; please dress accordingly and bring a jacket.

Directions:

Rudino's is located at the intersection of Harvest Oaks Dr. and Strickland Road just west of the intersection of Strickland and Six Forks roads.

Easiest way to get there:

Take I-540 to the Six Forks Rd South Exit.
Proceed straight until the next Strickland Road (if you pass K-Mart, you've gone too far)
Take a right turn on to Strickland Road.
Take a right turn on to Harvest Oaks Dr.
You will see Rudino's in the shopping center on your right.

See a map for more details at:
    Triangle.CitySearch
    Maps.Google

+ and click on the "Mail Archive" link.
+
+ TYJP web site:
http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ To unsubscribe, send a message to:
+    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+
+ To subscribe, send a message to:
+    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+
+ You may also visit the web page,
+    http://rtpnet.org/mailman/listinfo/tyjp-l
+ to subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your account.
+
+ etc.), please visit our web site:  http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.
+ If you are reading this message from the "Mail Archive", and wish to
+ contact someone whose email address is "protected", please send a
+ message to "tyjp at rtpnet.org" (replace the word "at" and the spaces
+ with the "@" symbol).