I would like remind everyone that our Happy Hours are held on the third Thursday of each month, unless otherwise specified; apparently, not everyone is aware of this fact.

NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS:  If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you.  We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience.

Hike:
When:  Sunday, November 20, 2005
Time:  10:30 AM
Where:  William B. Umstead State Park, Reedy Creek Entrance

(Due to unforeseen circumstances, this event is being postponed from November 13.)

Join TYJP for a enjoyable hike in one of our natural treasures, especially now that the leaves are changing colors.  We'll be hiking a perennial favorite, the Company Mill Trail, which is approximately 5.8 miles; this is considered a "moderate trail", so bring plenty of water (and possibly snacks) and dress appropriately (layering is highly recommended).

If folks are up for it, we will head to one of the local establishments for lunch afterwards.

Directions:

>From anywhere in the Triangle, take I-40 towards Cary.  Take Exit 287 and then head North (from Eastbound I-40, take exit left; from Westbound I-40, take exit right).  Go through the Reedy Creek Entrance and head towards the parking lot; once in the parking lot, go to the far left corner, and park where you can.

For more information, please contact Michael C. ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Chocolate Decadence III:
When:  Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Time:  7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Where:  Lindt Chocolate, Crabtree Valley Mall (lower level, near Sears), Raleigh
Cost:  $10 - $15 per person (depending on total number of attendees)

Back by popular demand…Join your fellow chocolate lovers for an evening of chocolate tasting that will include all product lines that Lindt offers. We'll learn a little bit about the history of Lindt, how chocolate is made, and how to taste and pair different chocolates. We will, of course, also enjoy an extensive chocolate tasting; coffee/water/juice will be provided. As always, the store will need to remain open to the public during this event, however, the store manager (Shona) and another staff member will again give us their undivided attention during this time.  Also as in the past, Lindt will send everyone off with a generous goody bag.

Please RSVP to Deb T. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by November 15th so that she has an idea of the expected head count.  And remember, "There's nothing better than a good friend, except maybe a good friend with chocolate." Anonymous