    Wednesday, January 25, 2006:  Chocolate Decadence III  (New Date)
    Saturday, January 28, 2006:  "Newly Met" Game
    Sunday, February 5, 2006:  Super Bowl Party

Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in a subsequent Emails.
    Thursday, February 16, 2006:  Happy Hour
    Sunday, February 26, 2006:  Craft Day  (Being Postponed - New Date TBD)
    Saturday, March 4, 2006:  Wine Tasting
    Thursday, March 16, 2006:  Happy Hour
    Sunday, March 26, 2006:  Bagel Brunch
    Tuesday, April 4, 2006:  Board/Planning Meeting
    Tuesday, April 11, 2006:  Pre-Passover "Chamutz-Fest"
    Thursday, April 13, 2006:  Second Night Seder  (NEED NEW HOST)
    Sunday, April 23, 2006:  "Jew Bowl" (TYJP Football)
    Saturday, April 29, 2006:  Movie Night

We are in need of a new host(s) for the Second Night Seder; the original hosts cannot do the event due to an unexpected conflict.  If we cannot find another host(s), we will have to cancel the event.  Your help would be appreciated.

I would like remind everyone that our Happy Hours are held on the third Thursday of each month, unless otherwise specified.  There will be no Happy Hour for the month of April, 2006, as it would conflict with the last day of Passover; instead, we have planned the "Pre-Passover Chamutz-Fest".

NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS:  If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you.  We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience.

A Special Note Regarding the 2006 Dues:

At our quarterly board meeting, the board voted to make some changes for the upcoming year.  We will be raising dues from $5 to $10 a year.  This is necessary due to rising costs and decreasing membership.  We will be offering more benefits for members this year.  Here is some of what you can expect for this year:
-  At events where there is a cost to participate/attend, there will be a lower rate for members.  You will find that this will quickly add up to pay for your dues.  For those hosting events: please make sure to set multiple prices for your event.  We will provide you a list of current members.
-  We will hopefully be able to provide food at our planning meetings.
-  We will also be working harder at recruiting new members.  We will be redoing our website.  We will also be making sure happy hours are in a centrally located area (off of I-40 or I-540) the majority of the time, and making sure we are better known within the Jewish community.  If you have other ideas, please talk to someone on the board.

Please do not hesitate to contact Jamie W. at [EMAIL PROTECTED], if you have any questions.  The Board looks forward to seeing you at events.

Chocolate Decadence III:
When:  Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Time:
  7:00 PM
Where:  Lindt Chocolate, Crabtree Valley Mall (lower level, near Sears), Raleigh
Cost:  $10 - $15 per person (depending on total number of attendees)

Back by popular demand…Join your fellow chocolate lovers for an evening of chocolate tasting that will include all product lines that Lindt offers. We'll learn a little bit about the history of Lindt, how chocolate is made, and how to taste and pair different chocolates. We will, of course, also enjoy an extensive chocolate tasting; coffee/water/juice will be provided. As always, the store will need to remain open to the public during this event, however, the store manager (Shona) and another staff member will again give us their undivided attention during this time.  Also as in the past, Lindt will send everyone off with a generous goody bag.

Please RSVP to Deb T. (
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) by January 24th so that she has an idea of the expected head count.  And remember, "There's nothing better than a good friend, except maybe a good friend with chocolate." Anonymous

We apologize for the late notice, but we wanted to ensure it was going to happen this time.

Newly-Met Game:
When:  Saturday, January 28, 2006
Time:
  7:30 PM
Where:  TBD, North Raleigh (RSVPs Required for Directions)

Come join TYJP on Saturday, January 28th at 7:30pm for the Newly-Met Game.  This is an event where you will be paired up with someone and you will have 10-15 minutes to get to know your partner.  After that, one person will go into seclusion and the other will have to go answer questions.  This is a fun activity where you get to learn a lot about TYJP members.  Light food will be served.  There is a $3 fee for non-members (to be paid at the door).  Please RSVP to Jamie W. at [EMAIL PROTECTED] for directions.  Please make sure to include what your membership status will be.  Membership dues ($10) can be paid at the door, by mail, or at any prior event.

**Please note:  This is NOT a dating event.  Please feel free to come no matter what your relationship status.**

Super Bowl Party:
When:  Sunday, February 5, 2006
Time:
  5:00 PM Doors Open / 6:00 Game Starts
Where:  Michael C's House, 308 Silk Hope Drive, Cary (RSVPs Requested, but not Required)

Come to TYJP's annual Super Bowl Party, this year hosted by Michael C.  Watch Super Bowl XL on Mike's widescreen HDTV.  Will there be any surprises during the halftime show this year?  Will there be any really great commercials that we will be talking about for days afterwards?  Will there be any funny incidents at Mike's house?  Who knows?  Just come and find out.

Bring a dish to share and any alcoholic drink you wish (soft drinks will be provided).  RSVPs are requested to help determine what food items are needed, so please e-mail Mike ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by February 4, telling him what you'll be bringing.

Cost:
    Members:  Free  (Membership dues can be paid at the door, by mail, or at any prior event.)
    Non-Members:  $1.00

Directions:
For detailed directions, please ask for the Mike's detailed directions in your RSVP.  Or use either of the following links:  MapQuest or Maps.Google.