    Saturday, August 12, 2006:  Movies on the Lawn:  Psycho  (RSVPs Requested)
    Sunday, August 27, 2006:  Annual Picnic  (RSVPs Required)
    Friday, September 15 - Sunday, September 17, 2006:  7th Annual Gauley River White Water Rafting Trip (RSVPs Required)

Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in a subsequent Emails.
    Thursday, August 17, 2006:  Happy Hour
    Saturday, September 23, 2006:  Rosh Hashanah Potluck Dinner

I would like remind everyone that our Happy Hours are held on the third Thursday of each month, unless otherwise specified.

NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS:  If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you.  We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience.

Movies on the Lawn:  Psycho:
When:  Saturday, August 12
Time:  7:30 Picnic & Hang Out / 9:00 Movie
Where:  North Carolina Museum of Art, 2110 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
Cost:  $3 (This is to be paid at the Museum box office, not to TYJP)
(RSVPs Requested to get a headcount)

Join TYJP for some Fun, Fresh Air, and a Frightening Movie. Bring along folding chairs or a blanket and your favorite picnic food to sit and enjoy the movie. The movie starts when it is dark out (around 9:00), but come early (7:30) to picnic and hang out. There is a concession stand that sells some snacks, beer, and wine, but Erica would suggest to bring your own food if you are picnicking (she don’t know quality/variety of concession stand). Note that you can not bring glass containers or alcohol.

The movie is $3/person (or free if you are a member of the museum) to be paid at the box office prior to the movie. Do not send money to TYJP; you are responsible for purchasing your own ticket.

RSVPs are appreciated, so that we know about how much lawn space to take over. If you are just going to come for the movie, you may want to let us know you are coming, so that we can try to make sure there is a spot for you with the group when you arrive.

Weather:  Since this is an outdoor event weather may be a factor. As far as Erica can tell, the movies are not cancelled if it rains unless conditions are dangerous. However, TYJP may indeed cancel the event if it looks like the weather will be bad. Stay tuned to your email as the event gets closer.

Contact Erica at [EMAIL PROTECTED] to RSVP or if you have questions.

TYJP Annual Summer Picnic:
When:  Sunday, August 27, 2006
Time:  11:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Where:  Lake Crabtree County Park, Morrisville
Cost: $6 for members; $9 for non-members; $15 for new membership + picnic; $15 for Late RSVP’s
(RSVP’s AND Payments must be received by August 20th to qualify for the preferred rate).

It's that time of year again.  Join us this year as we gather at Lake Crabtree for TYJP's annual picnic.  We will be barbecuing hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and vegetarian items, and drinks (non-alcoholic) to be served with a variety of traditional picnic side items.  The annual picnic has always been TYJP's best attended event each year and we are looking to continue that tradition.  There are also boats available for rental ($4/hour).  There are volleyball courts and a football field nearby.

RSVP and PAYMENT (see below for details) are appreciated in advance for this event due to the costs of the food and the rental of the picnic shelter.  RSVP and payment must be received by Sunday, August 20, 2005, for the discount. For more information, please contact Michael C. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or Jamie K. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Directions:

Take I-40 to Exit 285, Aviation Parkway.  Turn right if you're coming from I-40 east, and left if coming from I-40 west (go south, away from the airport). Look for the entrance to Lake Crabtree County Park on the left in less than a mile.  We will be at the Dogwood Shelter.  Follow the signs to the Dogwood Shelter.

TO RSVP for the Summer Picnic:

Option 1:  If you want to pay by check or money order, please send it payable to TYJP to:
    TYJP
    c/o Michael Cohen
    308 Silk Hope Drive
    Cary, NC 2751
Please also send an email to Michael
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) letting him know the check is in the mail.

Option 2:  PayPal payment by cash transfer.  (TYJP cannot accept credit card payments, so you must have a PayPal verified bank account)
      Members ($6.00)
      Non-Members/Guests of Members ($9.00)
      New Membership + Picnic paid  ($15.00)
      Paying after August 20 (or at the door) ($15.00 for all)

Option 3:  Pay any board member by cash, check, or money order at any upcoming TYJP event.

For anyone paying at the door: please bring exact change or a check payable to TYJP.  Making change at the picnic is usually a challenge.

7th Annual Upper Gauley White Water Rafting Trip:
When:  Friday, September 15 - Sunday, September 17, 2006

Time:  Leave Triangle Friday Afternoon/Evening - Raft Saturday AM - Return to Triangle Sunday

Where:  Upper Gauley River, Hico, WV (Phone: 800-822-1FUN)

To reduce the size of this newsletter, we have removed the detailed information for this event.  If you are interested in joining TYJP for this event, please contact Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])