    Sunday, August 27, 2006:  Annual Picnic  (RSVPs Required)
    Friday, September 15 - Sunday, September 17, 2006:  7th Annual Gauley River White Water Rafting Trip (RSVPs Required)

Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in subsequent Emails.
    Sunday, September 10, 2006:  "End of Summer" Beach Trip
    Thursday, September 21, 2006:  Happy Hour
    Saturday, September 23, 2006:  Rosh Hashanah Potluck Dinner
    Monday, October 2, 2006:  Yom Kippur Break Fast
    Saturday, October 14, 2006:  Dance
    Thursday, October 19, 2006:  Happy Hour
    Sunday, October 22, 2006:  "Mystery Event"
    Thursday, November 9, 2006:  Carolina Hurricanes Game
    Sunday, November 12, 2006:  Self Defense Class
    Thursday, November 16, 2006:  Happy Hour
    Saturday, December 2, 2006:  Movie Night
    Thursday, December 7, 2006:  Board/Planning Meeting
    Sunday, December 10, 2006:  Judaica Exhibit at the NC Museum of Art
    Saturday, December 16, 2006:  Chanukah Party
    Thursday, December 21, 2006:  Happy Hour
    Sunday, December 24, 2006:  Annual Game Day
    Sunday, December 31, 2006:  New Year's Party

I would like remind everyone that our Happy Hours are held on the third Thursday of each month, unless otherwise specified.

The "Mystery Event" above is just that, a mystery.  The event we originally had planned for turned out to be unfeasible.  We will determine an alternate event for that date.

NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS:  If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you.  We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience.

TYJP Annual Summer Picnic:
When:  Sunday, August 27, 2006
Time:  11:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Where:  Lake Crabtree County Park, Morrisville
Cost: $6 for members; $9 for non-members; $15 for new membership + picnic; $15 for Late RSVP’s
(RSVP’s AND Payments must be received by August 20th to qualify for the preferred rate).

It's that time of year again.  Join us this year as we gather at Lake Crabtree for TYJP's annual picnic.  We will be barbecuing hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and vegetarian items, and drinks (non-alcoholic) to be served with a variety of traditional picnic side items.  The annual picnic has always been TYJP's best attended event each year and we are looking to continue that tradition.  There are also boats available for rental ($4/hour).  There are volleyball courts and a football field nearby.

RSVP and PAYMENT (see below for details) are appreciated in advance for this event due to the costs of the food and the rental of the picnic shelter.  RSVP and payment must be received by Sunday, August 20, 2005, for the discount. For more information, please contact Michael C. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or Jamie K. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Directions:

Take I-40 to Exit 285, Aviation Parkway.  Turn right if you're coming from I-40 east, and left if coming from I-40 west (go south, away from the airport). Look for the entrance to Lake Crabtree County Park on the left in less than a mile.  We will be at the Dogwood Shelter.  Follow the signs to the Dogwood Shelter.

TO RSVP for the Summer Picnic:

Option 1:  If you want to pay by check or money order, please send it payable to TYJP to:
    TYJP
    c/o Michael Cohen
    308 Silk Hope Drive
    Cary, NC 2751
Please also send an email to Michael
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) letting him know the check is in the mail.

Option 2:  PayPal payment by cash transfer.  (TYJP cannot accept credit card payments, so you must have a PayPal verified bank account)
      Members ($6.00)
      Non-Members/Guests of Members ($9.00)
      New Membership + Picnic paid  ($15.00)
      Paying after August 20 (or at the door) ($15.00 for all)

Option 3:  Pay any board member by cash, check, or money order at any upcoming TYJP event.

For anyone paying at the door: please bring exact change or a check payable to TYJP.  Making change at the picnic is usually a challenge.

7th Annual Upper Gauley White Water Rafting Trip:
When:  Friday, September 15 - Sunday, September 17, 2006

Time:  Leave Triangle Friday Afternoon/Evening - Raft Saturday AM - Return to Triangle Sunday

Where:  Upper Gauley River, Hico, WV (Phone: 800-822-1FUN)

To reduce the size of this newsletter, we have removed the detailed information for this event.  If you are interested in joining TYJP for this event, please contact Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])