   *Sunday, December 31, 2006:*  New Year's Party
I would like remind everyone that our Happy Hours are held on the third Thursday of each month, unless otherwise specified. NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS: If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you. We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience.
*_Movie Night/Make Your Own Sundae:_*
*When:*  Saturday, December 2, 2006
*Time:*  7:00 PM - ???
*Where:*  Michael C's House  *(RSVP For Directions)*
Come join other TYJPers for another installment of TYJP Movie Night. Watch your favorite (or possibly someone else's favorite) movie(s) on Mike's 53", widescreen TV, complete with awesome surround sound. While we watch the movie(s), we will also partake in making our own ice cream sundaes! The only thing missing will be the "sticky floor", bubble gum under the chairs, and crying babies (Mike hopes it stays that way!) For those who do not wish to consume the ice cream, popcorn will be provided. Soft drinks will also be provided. This is an RSVP event, so please e-mail Mike at [EMAIL PROTECTED] by Friday, December 1. Due to the limited space available in Mike's living room, only the first 12-15 RSVPs will be accepted. *_UPDATED INFORMATION:_* By popular demand, the dress code for this event is "comfy", which means you may wear your favorite PJs. Please feel free to also bring your favorite pillow and/or teddy bear if you wish! *_Movie Details:_* If you own your favorite DVD (or VHS tape), please indicate it in your RSVP. A list of available movies, including those submitted by others, will be sent to those who RSVP. You will then pick your first, second, and third choices; a final tally will be made before the event. We will then watch the "People's Choice" movie(s). By the way, if we have to rent a movie or two, that's fine, too! *_Sundae/Food Details:_* Bring your favorite ice cream sundae toppings to share. Basic flavors of ice cream will be provided (vanilla and chocolate); if you want another flavor, please feel free to bring it. Mike has both the multicolored and chocolate-flavored sprinkles from previous movie nights, so we do not need any more of them. *Please indicate what you plan to bring in your RSVP so we can ensure we don't have too much of the same topping(s).* If you don't want either the ice cream or popcorn, please feel free to bring your own favorite movie snack. If you have any questions, please contact Mike at [EMAIL PROTECTED] . ================================================================
_*Board/Planning Meeting:
*_*When:*  Thursday, December 7, 2006
*Time:*  6:30 PM Board Meeting / 7:00 PM Planning Meeting
*Where:* Jamie K's House, North Raleigh (Easy Access from All Parts of the Triangle) *(RSVP For Directions)* It's that time of the year again. It is time to plan TYJP events for the next four months. If you have any ideas or suggestions for activities or events for the time frame of January 1 through April 31, 2007, please feel free to come to the planning meeting. We are in need of new volunteers and ideas. If you cannot attend the meeting, but have any ideas, suggestions, or wish to volunteer for an event, please contact Jamie Kennedy at [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Also, if you have any interest in becoming a member of the board, please let a current board member know, so that we can discuss this at our meeting. We will meet at Jamie's house for this meeting, to help facilitate easy communication between all those who attend; we have had trouble in the past with people hearing other people in noisy restaurants. TYJP will provide some type of dinner. The type of food will depend on how many people are coming. The Board will meet at 6:30 PM; the Planning Meeting will start at 7:00 PM. To RSVP and receive directions to her house, please contact Jamie at [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. ================================================================
*_Judaica Exhibit at the NC Museum of Art:_*
*When:*  Sunday, December 10, 2006
*Time:*  2:00 PM
*Where:*  NC Museum of Art, 2110 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh NC (919 839-6262)
Welcome one and all to a guided tour of the newly remodeled Jewish collection at the Museum of Art on Blue Ridge Road. We look forward to seeing all of you as the learned docent takes on a trip back in time as we learn about some of the Jewish history and artifacts new to the museum in the current months. The NC Museum of Art is one of only two art museums in the nation with a collection of Jewish ceremonial art; the ceremonial art of the Jewish people is a rich and enduring legacy. More than the expression of a particular faith, these objects address the universal relationship between spiritual belief and artistic imagination. If people want afterward we could walk around the outside of the museum and see the outdoor sculpture garden and trails or go to a local establishment and have a bite to eat and shoomze. We will meet at the entrance to the Jewish collection (down the main stairs one flight, and to the right) to avoid being in the Monet lines that meet in the front of the museum. Admission is free to the museum and the permanent collections. Have questions? Email Marjorie Z. ([EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) *_DIRECTIONS:_* *From RDU Airport, Chapel Hill, Greensboro on I-40* Approaching Raleigh, take the 289 exit onto Wade Ave. Go about one and one-half miles to the Blue Ridge Rd. exit. Turn left onto Blue Ridge Rd. The Museum is on the right. Look for a large granite marker with flags. *From Wilson, Rocky Mount, 64 East *Near Raleigh city limits, turn right onto the Beltline-Airport exit. Go several miles, passing North Hills and Crabtree Valley exits, to Lake Boone (Trail) exit. Turn right. Go about one mile to the fourth stop-light and turn left onto Blue Ridge Rd. The Museum is on the left. Look for a large granite marker with flags. *From Asheboro, Pittsboro, Apex, 64 West* Entering Raleigh, pass the Western Blvd. and Hillsborough St. exits. Then immediately after passing the Wade Ave. exit, turn right onto the "I-40/RDU Airport/Chapel Hill" exit. Go one-half mile and take the next right exit onto Blue Ridge Rd. The Museum is on the right. Look for a large granite marker with flags. *From Smithfield, Clayton, 70 East* Entering Raleigh, Highway 70 becomes Wilmington St. Proceed on Wilmington St. to the Capitol. Go around the Capitol (Edenton St. to Hillsborough St.). Drive several miles west on Hillsborough-passing N.C. State University and Meredith College until you approach the N.C. State Fairgrounds. Turn right at the stoplight onto Blue Ridge Rd. The Museum is on the right. Look for a large granite marker with flags. ALTERNATIVE: From 70 East take I-40 to exit 289 onto Wade Ave. to Blue Ridge Rd. Take a right onto Blue Ridge Rd. The Museum is on the right. Look for a large granite marker with flags. *From Durham via Highway 70 (or Greensboro via 85)* Approaching Raleigh on Highway 70, turn right onto Duraleigh Rd. Continue on Duraleigh about four miles; it will become Blue Ridge Rd. After the second stoplight, go about two more blocks (approx. one-half mile.) The Museum is on the left. Look for a large granite marker with flags. *From East or South of Raleigh* Take I-40 East that circles Raleigh around the south end. Get off I-40 at exit 289 back toward Raleigh and Wade Ave. Follow Wade Ave. to the Blue Ridge Rd. exit, and take this exit. Turn left onto Blue Ridge Rd. The Museum is on the right. Look for a large granite marker with flags. *From Southeast of Raleigh on 1-40 East* Approaching Raleigh on I-40 E, look for a sign with 440 and 40W and follow for 10 miles with Downtown on your right side. Move into the right lane and look for a sign to Wake Forest and Raleigh, exit 293. This is also the exit for Sanford via 440, so after exiting keep to the right at a fork. A sign on the right will confirm you are heading toward Raleigh. After approximately five miles, exit onto Lake Boone Trail. Turn right at Lake Boone Trail, go about one mile to the fourth stoplight, and turn left onto Blue Ridge Road. The Museum is on the left. Look for a large granite marker with flags. *From Cary (Cary Towne Ctr.)* Take 40W to exit 289 (Wade Ave.) to Blue Ridge Rd. exit. Make a left onto Blue Ridge Rd. The Museum is on the right. Look for a large granite marker with flags. ================================================================ -------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ This is the Triangle Young Jewish Professionals mailing list. If your
+ TYJP web site: http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ To unsubscribe, send a message to:
+ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+ http://rtpnet.org/mailman/listinfo/tyjp-l
+ to subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your account.
+ etc.), please visit our web site: http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.