NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS:  If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you.  We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience.

Ice Skating:  (New Time, New Location)
When:  Saturday, December 23, 2006
Time:  1:30 PM
Where:  Ice House, 1410 Buck Jones Road, Cary (RSVPs Highly Requested, not Required)

Due to the impending wet weather rolling into the area today and tomorrow, TYJP will be skating at the Ice House instead of Tinsel Town on Saturday, December 23 at 1:30 PM.  Admission is $6 at the box office, and skate rental is $3.

To warm up after skating, we may visit a nearby pub for some warm holiday drinks!  Location to be decided by consensus opinion.

RSVPs are not required, but are requested, so that we know who to look for.  Also, those who RSVP will be sent updates if anything changes.  Please RSVP to Emily F. (
[EMAIL PROTECTED]).  More information will be given to those coming at a later date.  We look forward to your joining us!

Directions:

Take 40 East from Durham, or 440 Outer from Raleigh to US 1 South /I 64. Take US 1 South / I 64  to the WALNUT ST / BUCK JONES RD exit toward CARY. Take the BUCK JONES RD ramp. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto BUCK JONES RD.  The Ice House will be on the left side of Buck Jones Road.

You may also get personalized directions using Maps.Google.

Annual Game Day:
When:  Sunday, December 24, 2006
Time:  4:00 PM - whenever the last person leaves
Where:  Deb T's House, North Raleigh (Easy Access from All Parts of the Triangle)  (RSVP For Directions)

You're invited to attend this year’s Game Day with your TYJP friends and acquaintances.  We’ve decided to hold this year’s Game Day on December 24th instead of the traditional 25th to take advantage of Monday (December 25th) being a non-work day for most of us.  There is sure to be at least one game of Taboo going on somewhere in the house.  Our host has Scattergories and Scrabble but would like to encourage everyone to bring their favorite, interactive/group game(s).

Please bring:
- a potluck dish (vegetarian, beef, or chicken dishes are acceptable -- please no pork) (soft drinks and some alcohol/wine/beer will be provided)
- your favorite game(s)
- a swimsuit and towel, if you would like to get in the hot tub

Please RSVP to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] by Friday, December 22nd.

NOTE:  There is plenty of room at Deb's if you "overindulge" (intentionally or not) with the alcoholic beverages, or if you just do not want to drive home late at night.  If you know that you are planning to stay overnight, please let Deb know in your RSVP.

Dinner and a Movie at Beth Meyer Synagogue:  (New Event)
When:  Monday, December 25, 2006
Time:  See Below
Where:  Beth Meyer Synagogue, 504 Newton Road, Raleigh (919-848-1420)  (RSVPs Required for Dinner)

TYJP is invited to come join the fun for a relaxed evening of schmoozing, tasty Asian food, and funny movies on Christmas Evening (December 25th), in the Beth Meyer Synagogue social hall.  The movie, "Cars", will be projected on a screen at 4:30 for kids and kids-at-heart.  Dinner will be served around 6 or 6:30pm (depending on when Cars finishes up), and the comedy movie 'Keeping up with the Steins' will be shown on the big screen afterwards.  This program is put on by the Beth Meyer Men's Club, but everyone is welcome to attend.  It promises to be a great opportunity to spend time with other Jewish people on what can often be a lonely night for Jews.

The only fee is canned food for the food drive.  Otherwise, everything else is free of charge.  RSVPs are required for the dinner (so they'll know how much food to get), but not for the movies.  Please RSVP to Sara D. (
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) by Dec. 17th if you plan to attend!

Directions:

For personalized directions, please use either of the following links:  Maps.Google or MapQuest

New Years Party 2006/2007:
When:  Sunday, December 31, 2006
Time:  8:00 PM
Where:  Barnaby's House, 108 Black Ridge Rd., Morrisville (919-656-8295)  (RSVPs Highly Requested, not Required)

Hi!  Hi, It's the end of a year.  Yes, we all survived 2006 and are staring down the home stretch before 2007.  What's your new years resolution going to be?  Barnaby is going to jynx it for certain and let you all in on his;  he wants this to be the best TYJP New Years party yet.  So, come one, come all and let's make this the biggest, best New Years party around.

Attire for the party will be black-tie OPTIONAL. That is heavy on the optional; wear whatever you are comfortable with. Barnaby does not have enough opportunities to dress up so he'll start the evening in a tux and we will see how the party goes from there.

We are also going for try and break past years records for number of people crashing for the night.  Breakfast will be served on New Year's day so there is no need to drive home in the early hours of the morning unless you really want to.  If you are planning on crashing just let him know so he can have enough food for everyone on hand.

Bubbly at midnight (champagne and sparkling non-alcoholic cider).

So here's the deal:  Show up on the 31st and bring your sweet selves and any solid or liquid refreshment, and a sleeping bag and pillow (optional).  Come to party!

The party is happening at 108 Black Ridge St. in Morrisville.  Please RSVP to
[EMAIL PROTECTED].  For any questions Barnaby can also be reached at 656-8295.

Directions:

For personalized directions, please use either of the following links:  Maps.Google or MapQuest

+ TYJP web site:
http://rtpnet.org/tyjp/.
+
+ To unsubscribe, send a message to:
+
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://rtpnet.org/mailman/listinfo/tyjp-l
+ to subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your account.
+ etc.), please visit our web site:
http://rtpnet.org/tyjp.