NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS:
If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you.  We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience.

Board/Planning Meeting:
When:  Thursday, August 9, 2007

Time:  6:30 PM Board Meeting/7:00 PM Planning Meeting
Where:  Michael C's House in Cary
RSVPs Requested to Get Approximate Headcount, and Get Directions to Michael C's House.

It's that time of the year again.  It is time to plan TYJP events for the next four months.  If you have any ideas or suggestions for activities or events for the time frame of January 1 through April 31, 2007, please feel free to come to the planning meeting.  We are in need of new volunteers and ideas.  If you cannot attend the meeting, but have any ideas, suggestions, or wish to volunteer for an event, please contact Michael C at [EMAIL PROTECTED].  Also, if you have any interest in becoming a member of the board, please let a current board member know, so that we can discuss this at our meeting.

We will meet at Michael's house for this meeting, to help facilitate easy communication between all those who attend; we have had trouble in the past with people hearing other people in noisy restaurants.  TYJP will provide some type of dinner, unless we decide to go out afterwards.  The type of food will depend on how many people are coming.  The Board will meet at 6:30 PM; the Planning Meeting will start at 7:00 PM.  To RSVP and receive directions to her house, please contact Michael at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

"Schmooze and Food":
When:  Thursday, August 16, 2007

Time:  7:00 PM
Where:  Assaggio's Italian Bistro, 3501 W Millbrook Rd., Raleigh (919-785-2088)

Join TYJP for a wonderful evening of camaraderie at Assaggio's Italian Bistro.  Assaggio's serves top quality food with a great relaxing atmosphere.  You will never want to go to Olive Garden or Ragazzis again.  The food is very good, the staff is wonderful.  They have great service and the decor is simple and charming.  This is true NY style pizza... if you question that, you've never really had it... crust, sauce, cheese are all perfect.  Pasta dishes are all wonderful... from the authentic pasta itself to the fresh, perfectly seasoned sauces, to the generous portions.  The gnocchi is perfectly light and fantastic with either the homemade marinara or the tomato cream sauce.  The garlic knots are, in a word, addictive.  Salads are always fresh and crisp.  Wherever you live in the Triangle, it's worth the drive and close to "home."

For more information, please contact Marjorie ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Directions:

Assaggio's Italian Bistro is conveniently located at the intersection of Millbrook Road and Glenwood Avenue (Southeast corner).  For personalized directions,
please use this link.

Annual Wet 'n Wild Outing:
When:  Sunday, August 26, 2007

Time:  Meet at the Emerald Pointe at 11:00 AM; leave various locations accordingly.
Where:  "Wet ’n Wild" Emerald Pointe Water Park, Greensboro, NC
RSVPs Required by August 24, or August 22 for Prepaid Ticket Requests

Join TYJP for an "end of summer" celebration at Emerald Pointe Water Park in Greensboro, NC.  Wet 'n Wild, the Carolina’s largest and most exhilarating water park, is the perfect summer getaway, with dozens of ways to beat the heat, from thrilling water slides to relaxing rides for all ages.  For more specific information regarding Emerald Pointe, please refer to their web site:
  http://www.emeraldpointe.com

If anyone is interested after spending a full day at the Park, we plan to go to one of the many eating establishments in the area.  We plan to leave the park around 5:30 PM and get to one of the eateries by 6:00 PM.  More information will be forthcoming, and will be based upon feedback from interested parties.

Since Emerald Pointe is approximately 70-90 minutes from the Triangle, we will be attempting to set-up carpools from the various Triangle areas.  Please RSVP with Michael Cohen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by August 24 (August 22 for prepaid tickets) for this event, and please indicate:
  1.       Where are you planning to come from (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, High Point)
  2.       Do you wish to join a carpool to Greensboro.
  3.       Do you mind driving a carpool to Greensboro.
  4.       Are you planning to join us for dinner afterwards, or do you plan to return early.
  5.       Please also include your telephone numbers.

You have several options to get into the park for less than the regular adult price of $28.99 or kids under 48" $19.99:
  1.       If you wish to get a prepaid discount ticket at a rate of $22.00/adult or $14.00/child under 48" which is good for any day the park is open, see below for payment options.
  2.       You can get into the park for $5.00 off regular prices by providing a Food Lion MVP card at the ticket office.
  3.       You can get into the park for $5.00 off regular prices by picking up a discount coupon from an area Burger King (Michael has a few of these).

Other costs include $5.00/car for parking, and a locker rental fee of $8.00 (of which $2 is a refundable key deposit); these lockers are small, but we generally share one locker among two people (for shoes, shirts, etc.).  There are now "larger" lockers which are available for $10.  Also, plan to spend between $7 to $10 if you want to get lunch at the park (based on previous year's costs).

Directions to Emerald Pointe can be found at:
  http://www.emeraldpointe.com/directions/

If you have any questions, please contact Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

RSVP/Payment Options:

To RSVP with payment:  (Payments must be received by August 22, 2007, for prepaid tickets)
Option 1:  You may send a check or money order, payable to Michael Cohen, to:
    Michael Cohen
    308 Silk Hope Drive
    Cary, NC 27519
Option 2:  Pay via PayPal.com (cash transfer - no credit cards - you must have a bank account associated with your PayPal account), please click here:
    Adult Tickets
    Child under 48" Tickets

To RSVP without payment (you are responsible for getting your ticket), please send an email to Michael Cohen at [EMAIL PROTECTED] by August 24.

+ TYJP web site: http://www.tyjpnc.org
.
+
+ To unsubscribe, send a message to:
+
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://rtpnet.org/mailman/listinfo/tyjp-l
+ to subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your account.
+ etc.), please visit our web site:
http://www.tyjpnc.org.