Shalom everyone.

In this installment of the TYJP Newsletter, please find details for the following event:
    Saturday, October 6, 2007:  Simchat Torah Celebration w/ UNC Hillel (Rayna)  (New Event)
    Sunday, September 30, 2007:  Dancing and Karaoke (Marjorie)  (Cancelled)
    Sunday, October 7, 2007:  Jew Bowl (Mike)

Also, mark your calendars for these events; more information will follow in subsequent Emails
    Friday, October 12, 2007:  Potluck and Rocky Horror Picture Show (Trudi)
    Thursday, October 18, 2007:  "Schmooze and Food" (Teri)
    Monday, October 29, 2007:  Lecture Series (Shira)
    Saturday, November 3, 2007:  Carolina Hurricanes Hockey Game (Teri)
    Friday, November 9 - Sunday, November 11, 2007:  Road Trip to DC/Holocaust Museum (Trudi/Barnaby/Mike)
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007:  Lecture Series (Shira)
    Thursday, November 15, 2007:  "Schmooze and Food" (Shira)
    Saturday, December 1, 2007:  Climbing (Barnaby)
    Saturday, December 8, 2007:  Planning Meeting/Chanukah Party (Mike/Shira)
    Thursday, December 20, 2007:  "Schmooze and Food" (Marjorie)
    Tuesday, December 25, 2007:  Game Day (Mike)

We would like remind everyone that our "Schmooze and Food" (formerly known as Happy Hours) are held on the third Thursday of each month, unless otherwise specified.  By the way, if you have any better idea on what to call the "Schmooze and Food" event, please pass your thoughts on to [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Note Regarding Lecture Series:  Specific information regarding the aforementioned Lecture Series can be found a this Carolina Center for Jewish Studies at UNC link

NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS:
If you are new to TYJP, please contact the host of the event or send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tyjp at rtpnet.org), so we can look out for you.  We would like to ensure your first event is a pleasant and warm experience

Simchat Torah Celebration at UNC:
When:  Saturday, October 6, 2007
Time:  7:00 PM Pre-Party / 8:15 PM Services
Where:  UNC Hillel, 210 West Cameron Ave.  Chapel Hill
RSVPs Would Be Appreciated to Get Approximate Headcount

UNC's Minyan Hillel invites you to a special SIMCHAT TORAH EXTRAVAGANZA for graduate students and young professionals from all around the Triangle area.  Come celebrate the end of another year of Torah reading and the end of the 5768 High Holiday season!  We will have food and drinks of all kinds, followed by singing, dancing, and general Torah rejoicing.

Why: There's not a better time to hang out with old and new friends, make a l'chaim (or several), and dance around with the Torah!

If you're able, please RSVP to Rayna ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) by October 1st so that we can be sure to have enough refreshments.  If not, still come, and of course we'll have enough!  Please bring your favorite alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic beverage to share.

Jew Bowl:
When:  Sunday, October 7, 2007
Time:  10:30 AM
Where:  Crabtree County Park, Morrisville
RSVPs Would Be Appreciated to Get Approximate Headcount

You have probably never heard of it on the radio, read about it in the newspaper, nor seen it on TV.  However, Jew Bowl is perhaps one of TYJP members’ favorite events.  If you don’t consider yourself to be an athlete or don’t know how to play football, don’t be discouraged; you won’t be the only one.  All we ask is everyone have some fun!

Directions:

EASY ACCESS FROM ALL PARTS OF THE TRIANGLE!  Take I-40 to Exit 285, Aviation Parkway.  Turn right if you're coming from I-40 east, and left if coming from I-40 west (go south, away from the airport).  Look for the entrance to Lake Crabtree Park on the left in less than a mile (there is a traffic signal there).  Park in the first lot on the right.

For more information, please contact Michael C. ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  RSVPs are not required, but would be appreciated to get a rough headcount.

+ TYJP web site:
http://www.tyjpnc.org.
+
+ To unsubscribe, send a message to:
+
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://rtpnet.org/mailman/listinfo/tyjp-l
+ to subscribe, unsubscribe, or update your account.
+ etc.), please visit our web site:
http://www.tyjpnc.org
.