On 18/1/02 1:18 pm, "Faster-Laster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 07:44:29AM -0500, Snoopy wrote:
>> Does anyone happen to know the nut size for the studs that go from the head
>> to the heat exchangers on a pancake motor (73 to be precise)  I wanted to
>> see if I could find the 12 mm head nuts but need to know the size.
>
> I just picked up some Stainless Steel nuts (8mm) for this same thing. I
> couldn't find anyone that carried all-metal lock nuts so I opted for the
> all-metal stainless steel nut w/ lock washer. Has held great so far.

They are indeed M8.  The usual head size for M8 is 13mm, but 12mm is also
available.  The best self-locking nuts I have found are Aerotight stiff
nuts, which are available in stainless.  Don't ask me where you can get them
in the States though.

--
Dave Horrigan, Hull, England
1978 Devon Sundowner "Sally"