Woops,
Here is a link to some more picture of the engine stand arm.
http://photos.yahoo.com/greenwesty
It's only set in place. I would pull the lower stud and replace it with a
bolt. I also noticed you may need to grind a little off the bracket on the
bottom to get it to seat flat against the case.
Bill M
Mystic, CT
78 Westy