From: jdd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 2:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [T2] re: my bus says Brrrrr!

I was able to buy some stuff from a VW dealer that had shut down (I
understand he originally had a buyer for his dealership but that VW
didn't approve of the new owner so he had so close the dealership).
Anyway, I bought this vw block heater from him.  It consists of a plate,
identical to an oil sump plate (is that what that thing is called?) that
we take off with we change the oil except it never had a centre hole
where an oil drain plug went, there is that metal tube about 6" long
that passes through this plate it is sort of bent such that it is in the
same plane as the plate itself, except for where it passes through the
plate, where it is brazed or bronzed or something.  A cord and plug is
on the outside part of the metal tube.  The metal tube is a heating
element.  It's very cool but I'm not using it because these Ontario
winters are too salty.  I'm sure it would be incredibly simple to make
one of these. And I'm sure it would work very well.

jdd 60 std