[ The Types Forum (announcements only),
Apologies for multiple posting!
Please, forward the announcement to whoever may be interested in it.
2 postdoctoral positions may be available in the Research Group on Mathematical
Linguistics at Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain) under a scheme
funded by the Regional Government of Catalonia.
The web site of the host institute is:
ELIGIBLE TOPICS (in decreasing order of priority)
- Language and automata theory and its applications.
- Biomolecular computing and nanotechnology.
- Language and speech technologies.
- Formal theories of language acquisition and evolutionary linguistics.
- Computational neuroscience.
Other related fields might still be eligible provided there are strong enough
candidates for them.
- The positions are intended for junior scientists with a high potential
and leadership willing to develop an academic career in the framework of the
host institute for 2 years, starting in 2007.
- They will be filled in under the form of a work contract.
- Besides research, some doctoral teaching and supervising are expected
too, as well as a strong involvement in the institute’s activities.
- The candidate’s PhD degree must have been awarded not earlier than 2001.
- Only candidates with a substantial publication record will be
- Annual salary amounting 23,900 euros before taxes.
- Full Social Security rights, including health assistance.
It will consist of 2 steps:
- a pre-selection based on CV and carried out by the host institute,
- the application by the host institute on behalf of the pre-selected
Expressions of interest are welcome until September 15, 2006. They should
contain the candidate's CV as an attachment and mention "2006-4" in the subject
line. The outcome of the pre-selection will be reported immediately after.
Pre-selected candidates should be ready to collaborate with the host institute
in completing the application process by October 5, 2006.
The final results will be publicized not earlier than December 2006.