[ The Types Forum (announcements only),
     http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-announce ]

Hi,

Tarmo and I are editing a special issue on dependently typed
programming and would be peased to see submissions from people on TYPES.

It would help with our planning if you could let us know in advance
whether you plan to submit a paper (let's say end by end of July).

Cheers,
Thorsten

                           Call for Papers:

               Special Issue of Fundamenta Informaticae
                      (http://fi.mimuw.edu.pl/)
                    Dependently Typed Programming
         (http://sneezy.cs.nott.ac.uk/darcs/DTP08/journal.html)

                               Editors:
                   Thorsten Altenkirch (Nottingham)
                       Tarmo Uustalu (Tallinn)

Dependently typed programming is using the power of dependent types to
capture relationships between data, internalising invariants necessary
for appropriate computation. When data describe types, we can express
patterns of programming in code. To capture this potential a number of
languages have been proposed and implemented which incorporate some
aspects of dependent types, e.g. Agda, ATS, Cayenne, Coq's CIC,
Concoqtion, DML, Delphin, ELF, Epigram, Omega, OpTT, Pie, PiSigma,
Ynot for
a non-exhaustive list.

Within the European TYPES project we have organized two workshops to
discuss aspects of dependently programming:

- EffTT, Workshop on Effects and Type Theory
  http://cs.ioc.ee/efftt/
  Tallinn, Estonia, December 2007

- DTP08, Dependently Typed Programming 2008
  http://sneezy.cs.nott.ac.uk/darcs/DTP08/
  Nottingham, UK, February 2008

The special issue is motivated by the desire to give people who have
presented their ideas at those workshops the opportunity to publish
papers on their work. However, we would like to invite everybody
working in this area to submit papers to the special issue. For a more
complete list of topics, please consult the workshop pages following
the links above.

The paper should follow the usual standards of journal papers, and
should be submitted by email (preferable pdf) to one of the editors
before 1 October 2008. We expect that the papers don't exceed 20 pages
(see the FI webpage for style files). We hope to be able to stick to
the following schedule:

        Deadline for submissions:               1 October 08
        Notification of acceptance:             15 January 2009
        Final versions due:                      15 March 2009

attachment
may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer
system:
you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with
the
University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK
legislation.