[ The Types Forum (announcements only),
     http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-announce ]

Hi again,

I am pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for a
postdoctoral research position and a PhD studentship, as follows:

1) an 18-month postdoctoral position on the ADAPT project, funded by the
DARPA Transparent Computing program, focusing on graph databases and
querying:

http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/jcheney/group/adapt.html
https://www.vacancies.ed.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=035230

Applications must be received by February 12, 2016.

Although the project is somewhat database-centric, I would be very happy to
receive applications from candidates with a strong PL implementation
background who are interested in learning a little about graph databases -
the skill sets needed overlap.  For example, the main query language we
expect to use, called Gremlin, is based on monadic comprehensions...

2) a *4-year* PhD studentship, for a student of any nationality, on the
project "Skye: A programming language bridging theory and practice for
scientific data curation", funded by a €1.99M ERC Consolidator Grant:

homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/jcheney/group/skye.html
http://wcms.inf.ed.ac.uk/lfcs/graduate%20study/apply/

I would prefer to recruit a student with expertise in programming language
design and implementation this year, but will consider applications from
any prospective students with interests relevant to the project.

Additional positions on this project will be announced in due course, but
applications from prospective students interested in starting a PhD in the
next academic year should be submitted by March 18, 2016.

More information about both projects, and about my current group and the
excellent research environment offered by LFCS, can be found on the above
web pages and I am happy to answer any questions by email.

--James