[ The Types Forum (announcements only),
     http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-announce ]

Two Post-doc Research Fellowships, one year (renewable) at NOVA LINCS/FCT NOVA
and our Collaborative Laboratory with OutSystems.

The research programme takes place within the Software Systems research group
of NOVA LINCS (NOVA Laboratory for Computer Science and Informatics,
http://nova-lincs.di.fct.unl.pt <http://nova-lincs.di.fct.unl.pt/>) in
collaboration with R&D members of OutSystems (http://www.outsystems.com
<http://www.outsystems.com/>), a Portuguese company that is responsible for a
globally known low-code platform for rapid application development.

Two post doctoral positions are available under the scope of our project
CLAY-An Environment for live Construction of Trustworthy Software, and the
collaborative laboratory between NOVA LINCS and OutSystems that focuses on the
development new programming models and tools.

The goal is to design new programming models, associated verification
techniques, and/or programming environments to support the live construction of
trustworthy applications in the web/cloud domain. Possible areas of focus
include the development of behavioural type systems for safely updating
structured states and processes, reasoning techniques for distributed data
management, certified runtime infrastructures, domain specific logics and
algorithms for contracts and policies. This collaborative effort seeks to run
the extra mile to transpose theoretical results into a well establish
development product like the OutSystems platform.

To apply for this position, the candidate is required to have a strong computer
science or informatics background at the PhD level, and a proven publication
track record in one or more of the following areas: principles of programming
languages, programming language design and implementation, software
verification, and program analysis. We welcome candidates with a background on
principles and theory (programming models, type systems, verification,
semantics), or systems implementation (language design, runtime systems,
compilers). We expect research results to be published at premier programming
languages and systems conferences and journals, and give preference to
candidates that are motivated to collaborate with industrial partners.

If you are interested please send your application (CV and motivation letter)
to João Costa Seco (joao.s...@fct.unl.pt <mailto:joao.s...@fct.unl.pt>) before
30 June 2018.

More details about the project can be found at http://ctp.di.fct.unl.pt/CLAY
<http://ctp.di.fct.unl.pt/CLAY>

-----

João Costa Seco
NOVA Laboratory for Computer Science and Informatics
Departamento de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Phone: 212948536 (ext 10752)