[ The Types Forum (announcements only),
     http://lists.seas.upenn.edu/mailman/listinfo/types-announce ]

             Call for Extended Abstracts

                      LAFI 2024
     Tenth Workshop on Languages for Inference at POPL 2024

                    January 14, 2024

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://popl24.sigplan.org/home/lafi-2024__;!!IBzWLUs!Q8wTEbZngaj2koLZfnD3Eddwj3VOwFwdSn6CMy-aCGO1Ky8xe6EC0MD42uahc5aVo657W8gYgochWFnqIpyeAvEglvSGF8nF1AE$

       Submission Deadline: October 27, 2023

** INVITED SPEAKER **

Hong Ge, Principal Investigator, Machine Learning Group, University of
Cambridge

** SUBMISSION SUMMARY **

   - Deadline: October 27, 2023 (AoE)
   - Submission page:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lafi24.hotcrp.com/__;!!IBzWLUs!Q8wTEbZngaj2koLZfnD3Eddwj3VOwFwdSn6CMy-aCGO1Ky8xe6EC0MD42uahc5aVo657W8gYgochWFnqIpyeAvEglvSG9mEbIbs$

   - Format: extended abstract (2 pages + references + optional appendices)
   - Call for Extended Abstracts

** WORKSHOP GOALS **

LAFI aims to bring programming-language and machine-learning researchers
together to advance all aspects of languages for inference. Topics include
but are not limited to:

   - The design of programming languages for inference and/or
   differentiable programming;
   - Inference algorithms for probabilistic programming languages,
   including ones that incorporate automatic differentiation;
   - Automatic differentiation algorithms for differentiable programming
   languages;
   - Probabilistic generative modeling and inference;
   - Semantics (axiomatic, operational, denotational, games, etc) and types
   for inference and/or differentiable programming;
   - Formal verification and correctness for differentiable and
   probabilistic programs;
   - Applications of inference and/or differentiable programming.

The workshop is informal, and our goal is to foster collaboration and
establish a shared foundation for research on languages for inference. The
proceedings will not be a formal or archival publication, and we expect to
spend only a portion of the workshop day on traditional research talks.

** SUBMISSION GUIDELINES **

   - Submission deadline on October 27, 2023 (AoE)
   - Submission link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lafi24.hotcrp.com/__;!!IBzWLUs!Q8wTEbZngaj2koLZfnD3Eddwj3VOwFwdSn6CMy-aCGO1Ky8xe6EC0MD42uahc5aVo657W8gYgochWFnqIpyeAvEglvSG9mEbIbs$

   - Any format is permitted, uploads must be in PDF.
   - Page limit: 2 pages of main content, unlimited number of references
   and appendices. Reviewers are not required or expected to read appendices.
   - Anonymity: submissions should be anonymized for peer review.
   - In line with the SIGPLAN Republication Policy, inclusion of extended
   abstracts in the program should not preclude later formal publication.

** REMOTE PARTICIPATION POLICY **

Coordination with the POPL conference is underway to enable remote
participation. We strive to create an inclusive environment that does not
demand traveling for presenters or participants.